Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.

Unhappy Is there something wrong or is anxiety kicking in again?

For the past two nights I've been getting pain and tingling in my neck and the left side of my head which I know can be caused by anxiety but tonight I've been getting really weird tingly feelings all over the left side of my body, nausea, dizziness, numbness and more. I don't know what it is but I feel horrible and I don't know if it's my anxiety kicking in as I used to be such a bad sufferer of it, help anyone? I am now worrying about it after the symptoms came on.

Hi Ellen, I also find that my anxiety often starts AFTER I've experienced some unpleasant physical symptoms. The symptoms often come on out of the blue, even if I've been feeling fine up to that point. And then the symptoms make me anxious.

When you were anxious before, did you used to get unexplained physical symptoms too? Did a lot of your anxiety center around your health? It sounds like you no longer suffer from severe anxiety though, which is great. How did you get beyond it? Maybe you could try some of the same calming techniques now if you're anxious about these new symptoms? The physical feelings you describe definitely could be produced by anxiety, but it could also be something completely harmless like a trapped nerve or just some muscle acting up. It's never a bad idea to check with your doctor if it continues for more than a few days. But I'm sure it's nothing serious!

Hope you feel better soon!

Quote Originally Posted by tailspin View Post
    Hi Ellen, I also find that my anxiety often starts AFTER I've experienced some unpleasant physical symptoms. The symptoms often come on out of the blue, even if I've been feeling fine up to that point. And then the symptoms make me anxious.

When you were anxious before, did you used to get unexplained physical symptoms too? Did a lot of your anxiety center around your health? It sounds like you no longer suffer from severe anxiety though, which is great. How did you get beyond it? Maybe you could try some of the same calming techniques now if you're anxious about these new symptoms? The physical feelings you describe definitely could be produced by anxiety, but it could also be something completely harmless like a trapped nerve or just some muscle acting up. It's never a bad idea to check with your doctor if it continues for more than a few days. But I'm sure it's nothing serious!

Hope you feel better soon!
    Definitely a good idea to get symptoms checked out by a doctor and then once you know you are well, and that the pains etc are panic and anxiety you can start to treat them. Panic and anxiety cause really strange physical symptoms and can be very individual in how they present themselves. Just slow, deep breathing and concentrating on your breathing should stop the problems relatively quickly but you have to concentrate and let your panic and anxious thoughts just pass by.