Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: is it anxiety?

Sorry Lizard0921 you are having such problems with anxiety and depression. Once you have ruled out all medical reasons for any symptoms, you then need to work out your own ways of dealing with the effects of anxiety and depression, which is not easy and is very individual.

I have found meditation particularly good - buddhist and christian - it is another way of concentrating on your breathing and doing this calms you down so that you can get through the anxiety and panic attacks.

I have learned so many distraction techniques over the last 2.5 years, but being able to use them when you are panicking and really low is the hard bit. Once you can put stop into your cycle of rumination it is so much easier to handle the problem, but putting the stop in is so hard, and takes a lot of practise.

Hope you find ways of handling your own anxiety and depression and get help from people's ideas on this forum.

I agree with lin, meditation is a tool which should be used.
    Bringing old thread to life

.Assists are great in helping, but tend to add to the problem if we can't accept and live with the cause. Some people need to suffer more than others before the light switch engages. I'm sick of being sick - happy to let others think what they must - I am beginning to see that if unable to accept what goes on around me, then I must deal with what is within.

Again - assists are great when utilized with an emphasis as such - an assist! -> once we rely on assistance - then the scales tip and what was once considered a practicle tool, now turns and digs us in deeper. That is until your deep enough, where it's often said the only way is up.

I love the scene in the most recent Sci/Fi Elysium .... Mat Damon when talking to the Mechanical Probation Officer in a rather Sarcastic Tone - A pop a box suddenly appears in front of Damon. "Elevated Heart Beat and Stress levels detected, would you like a pill?" ROFL -> This is exactly how we humans now deal with our problems!

I do meds, now having a break from them - and perhaps will go back if pushed HA - or refuse to give in. I'm all for meditating, and whilst breathing is a good starting place, the ultimate act on our part is to stop fighting (unlearn all that is taught) find the "I AM" - the observer - and accept what you/I cannot.

Something I am myself struggling with. Forgive me if I speak out of turn.
    Wishing you well.