Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.

What meds to take...

I had some serious Anxiety about two years ago, and took Zoloft, it seemed to work very well. I just had another round of Anxiety. I have been taking 75 mg/day, for about three weeks now with no turn around. I upped the does about 10 days ago to 100mg/day; I still have lots of Anxiety. I don’t understand why it’s not working? It did before, shouldn’t 100mg/day be enough? Should I try something else?

Thanks!
    PS: I found out my girlfriend had Narcissistic Personality Disorder. It had been nothing but stress and Anxiety!

Hi GW

SSRI anti-depressants like Zoloft generally take about 6 weeks to start working. Have you spoken to your doctor about your concerns?

Chris
    The mind is like a maze; the deeper you get into it, the harder it is to get out.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Hi, thanks for your reply... I have been taking Zoloft for about three (50 MG) months. When I hit some real bad waters, I increased it to (75 MG) about 4 weeks ago, then 11 days ago to (100 MG). The first time I used it, it worked on 14 days on the nose. That’s why I was thinking of maybe using Paxcil. The Doctors I have had really don’t know much, or try to put me on stronger meds. Zoloft worked fine before, I don’t like taking drugs! When I get stressed, I get stressed… I’m like a Cat on a hot tin roof. I have been trying to relieve most of the stress by running that usually works. I’m up to 6 miles a day, and have lost 20 lbs. I am ready for the meds to kick in… I don’t want to be a track star!

Thanks again, Gary

i saw what you said about being on zoloft, im also on zoloft 50mg. ive been on it now for a year but only on 25mg and for the past 5 days ive increased my dose to 50mg, when do u think it will start working for me ?

Not sure... I'm hoping by Sunday it will start working for me, that will be 14 days at the increased dose 100 mg. I will keep you posted... Hang in there, I know it's hard!