Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.

Thread: Cheap Therapy?

Cheap Therapy?

I am a minimum wage employee and the crappy health insurance I have doesn't cover therapy. I cannot afford it on my own. I have been suffering from depression for years, and it's only getting worse as time goes on. I have tried medication, but I feel like the only way to really truly help cure my depression is from talking to a professional. I also get pretty bad anxiety attacks which are coupled with obsessive thoughts. I don't live in a big city, so my options are limited. I do live in an army town, though, and I was wondering if anyone knew of a way to get free or discounted therapy. I'm sick of feeling this way, and I feel hopeless because my financial situation is keeping me from helping myself.

Talk to friends, work out, eat healthy, that's what I'm trying to do. I don't think paying a lot of money would help. Do a lot of research and just educate yourself. Being here in this forum should help ya

Start out by looking up free help via local churches and also check your county Human/Health Svcs. dept, as they sometime have help or a directory/referral to free help. Alankay

http://www.adaa.org/netforum/findatherapist
    Many therapists have a sliding scale to adjust for lower income, etc. See what you can find via the link above for starters. Alankay

Try self hypnosis! I use this about 3times a week about a obsessive thought and it works! You need to repeat it but if you really focus on it it worked with me
    You can get various apps on smart phones or there's some good videos on Youtube. People say it's silly but it helps me so may as well give it a shot
    Or talk to friends or people on here. It's best to get your feelings out and for someone to listen to you. It's the best therapy you could get