Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.

Thread: Relationships.

Relationships.

Hi guys

Just a quick introduction to myself i'm an 18 year old boy whose been suffering from ADHD, depression and severe G.A.D & panic disorder for a year due to a huge traumatic incident i went through which left me house bound for a few months until i started on citalopram and also propranolol and alot of CBT.

Over the past year I have got slightly better but still suffer daily, some days i think about suicide but i could never do it because of a couple of people in my life, i often think maybe i just can't get better maybe i'm meant to be like this, but yes anyway, one issue i need help with or views on is..

the one thing i can never seem to answer or solve is anxiety with relationships

The constant worry that something bad is going to happen, that they don't want you, that your a burden on their life, even when everythings perfect you still seem to think that something bads up, that they're cheating even though you know deep down you could trust them with your life, etc?

just wondering how other people's relationships have worked around anxiety?

the thing is being in the relationship is the one thing that brings me happiness but i'm in constant worry as i don't want to hurt them and feel like i'm dragging her into my anxiety issues.

harpz

I'm in the same situation with anxiety. My boyfriend used to suffer from it too so I know he understands what I'm going through, I just feel like I'm letting him down or dragging him down too. The best thing to do is speak to her. Explain how you feel but make sure she knows that deep down you trust her. The best she can is offer reassurance. It may be a bit strange to her and take a while for her to come round but she will understand and support you.
    I always get paranoid my boyfriend is cheating on me, even though I have no reason to and I trust him. It helps me to just send him a message saying I love you or something. Waiting for the reply is the worst but when they reply back it means the world and reassurance comes back. I know it sounds silly but little things help. Speaking to someone about it helps too!
    Don't worry, your girlfriend will understand and support you through it!