Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.

what medication is best?

i would really like some input on the diffrent medications everyone is taking..id like info on only the ssri's or maoi's not on any of the benzos. i need to start taking something and i have already used paxil and effexor. i cant keep using the xanax only like i have been doing. id like to know what some of the side effects and just what works best i guess. i searched online and i was thinking Tofranil (imipramine) might be good for me because its for anxiety and panic and depression which i have all 3

have you looked into zoloft?

i know that medications work differently for every person but i have found that zoloft really works wonders for both my anxiety and depression. it's really something to look into. just a warning though... if you plan on ever getting off of it... once you have been on it for a long time... it will give you crazy awful feelings until your body is detoxed. i was on it for two years and then tried taking myself off of it to see if i needed it anymore... and i had a horrible time getting off... but once it was out of my system i had such intense anxiety and depression that i went right back on! I didn't suffer any side effects ever from it... just something to look into. today i take zoloft and have ativan as a back up just in case.
    Hi i'm 19 years old, I have had anxiety since I was 10, I have recently acquired agoraphobia in the past 3 months I havent left my house except to go to my counseling appt.s I WANT MY LIFE BACK!!!

i just started zoloft as of yesterday and its good to hear it worked for you, ,it makes me feel good cause i really want it to work for me. i am scared of getting off of it too but i got off effexor about a year ago and while it was very difficult i did make it thru. i cant wait for it to start working,,my first night last night i couldnt sleep and i was sweating and feeling hot. today i felt a little agitated but i was able to eat which i had not been doing the past few days.i have high hopes so far. i also had a vivid dream but it was not scary at all..i hope i wont be bothered by these side effects to much,,so far i am handling it well. im still using my xanax but not very much at all.ty so much for your input starlaced... you have helped me tremendously!

I take Welbutrin and so far it has worked pretty good for me. I still deal with my anxiety on a daily basis, but at least now I can make myself do things where before I couldn't. I was thinking that I may talk to my dr. about trying a higher dose. We'll see.

Cath
    "Practice makes perfect so be careful what you practice."

Im only 19 and scared to take medications. I am afraid of the side effects, and dependency I will develop from them. I am still trying to outweigh the pros and cons to see if it is worth it. Sometimes I am like "Please, I need some pills NOW!!!!" and sometimes I am like "Ill get through this the rough way!"
    "People's Negativities Are Their Disabilities"