Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.

Thread: shy of girls

shy of girls

hi
    i am new to this forum and i have this problem of avoiding eye contact with girls and shy of them.
    this has made me lose many sexual experiences and i really feels sorry for myself
    any ideas and suggestions

I had this problem with boys when I was younger. I started improving after I decided that I should think of boys I meet as potential friends rather than protential boyfriends. After I began using this way of thinking, I felt less pressured. Hope that helps!
    It's all in your mind.

That's about the best advice you can get.
    [size=7]Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity[/size]

Maybe try making some close friendships with girls. It is one of those things you just have to go at every time, even though it is hard as hell. I still get nervous when I call a girl on the phone, whether it is a friend, someone I like, or a girl friend...... but I am constantly anxious anyways so maybe it is that

Good luck! PM me if you want to ask more.

Oh where do i start!!!
    123 and breathe..

same problem

me 2 i have it i carnt stop it help!!!!!!!!! pm me i am tryig to think of friends. i think they'll look at me think im ugly and walk of
    \

if 15 HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

just try to relax and tel yourself that they like you too

Keep in mind you may have the perfect level of wrongness/rightness they're looking for and feel comfortable with you. Oh yeah, I found learning to laugh at yourself helps - makes them laugh too.

Simply just be yourself.
    There is nothing more better
    and be in a comfortable place.

if it is her house then let that be as comfortable as you make it.
    That part is up too you.

A good thing to keep in mind is that there are plenty of girls out there, and the right one will accept you, even the anxious you. So, while you may not have had as much sex as you'd like, you will still find a healthy partner sometime in the future. If one girl doesn't work out, try another. All good things come in time!
    Dan Stelter, a lifelong social anxiety sufferer, used to live with paralyzing social anxiety. He's now happily married (ask Bekah), enjoys his work, and owns a home. He currently helps social anxiety sufferers overcome their fear and win confidence at Anxiety Support Network.