Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.

Introducing myself

Hello. I'm a 36 year old mother of 3. I work weekends although have recently taken a medical leave because of my panic attacks. I have been struggling with anxiety for about 6 years. It started after I had some health issues which have been resolved. I have worked with therapists in the past and been on Celexa. Over the winter I was feeling great and decided to come off the Celexa. My anxiety kept getting worse and worse until I finally had a major panic attack, called 911 and ended up in the ER. I saw my PCP who put me back on Celexa and prescribed some CBT. This is the 3rd time that I have been on Celexa. It has worked great for me in the past but this time around it's not working. I'm having horrible panic attacks to the point where I'm starting to get afraid to even leave the house. I'm worried about what this is doing to my kids (ages 9,7,4). My husband doesn't understand what is wrong with me. I saw my PCP on Monday and she switched me over to Lexapro. I started it last night and felt out of it and lightheaded all day today. I'm having a hard time seeing the light at the end of this tunnel and am looking for some support so I don't feel so alone. I just want my life back!

Quote Originally Posted by iwillsurvive View Post
    Hello. I'm a 36 year old mother of 3. I work weekends although have recently taken a medical leave because of my panic attacks. I have been struggling with anxiety for about 6 years. It started after I had some health issues which have been resolved. I have worked with therapists in the past and been on Celexa. Over the winter I was feeling great and decided to come off the Celexa. My anxiety kept getting worse and worse until I finally had a major panic attack, called 911 and ended up in the ER. I saw my PCP who put me back on Celexa and prescribed some CBT. This is the 3rd time that I have been on Celexa. It has worked great for me in the past but this time around it's not working. I'm having horrible panic attacks to the point where I'm starting to get afraid to even leave the house. I'm worried about what this is doing to my kids (ages 9,7,4). My husband doesn't understand what is wrong with me. I saw my PCP on Monday and she switched me over to Lexapro. I started it last night and felt out of it and lightheaded all day today. I'm having a hard time seeing the light at the end of this tunnel and am looking for some support so I don't feel so alone. I just want my life back!
    Hi :-) so many of us here can relate to what you are going through.. I myself have been struggling w anxiety since I was a teenager.. I'm not 35.. I was finally diagnosed and medicated at age 25.. I was on Zoloft for 10 years and it changed my life dramatically for the better! Recently (6 mos- 1 year) I came off the Zoloft Andy anxiety returned.. I went back on Zoloft and have been feeling so much better for the past 2 months! I have my fingers crossed that it sticks!!

I have had great success w Zoloft and with Paxil.. But I had also heard great things about lexapro! And if Zoloft ever stops working for me lexapro wd be my next choice of drug to try! .. Just remember that it takes about 3-6 weeks for the drug to get into your system and begin giving you some relief. If you are having a really hard time ask your dr for some lorazepam so that it can help calm you until the lexapro really starts doing its job .

*now 35 (accidentally wrote not 35 lol)