Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.

First night out since anxiety began...

Tomorrow I've been invited to go on a night out for one of my friends birthdays, I really want to go but obviously I am apprehensive about my anxiety starting again.
    My anxiety has been good lately (touch wood) as i've been working out and doing meditation and it seem to be helping me get over it and through it!
    I dont want to go out tomorrow night and ruin all my progress, because i get anxious when I see people who are very drunk, as it remind me of traumatic experience i have been through.

Just looking for advice if anyone has been in this situation? (Just to say I dont drink so this isnt an issue)

I think you should go ahead and go. I've gone in the same situations, and just got a little hot flash or two , and I was fine. I drank a minimum amount and was pretty good. Good luck

Sorry I just missed, you don't wanna go. I wouldn't then. Sorry I missed that

noooo, I do want to go tomorrow night, I just dont want to go out and ruin all my progress i've made so far!

Well, once you make progress, even when you have a setback, it's gets easier, for most. Are you gonna be around strangers? I think you can do it!

I will be with my friends yeah thats true, I wana at least have a go, and if I don't like it I can always come home

Quote Originally Posted by polkalozz View Post
    I will be with my friends yeah thats true, I wana at least have a go, and if I don't like it I can always come home
    You gotta start sometime, wish you luck!