Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Great story and hope it encourages all who read. My first panic was very similar. Ive been dealing with them and anxiety for 9 months now. I just started therapy last month and hoping for recover.

I've had panic off and on since 2009. One of the worst panic attacks was when I was out doing my favourite walk. Its about 4 miles drive from my home. I parked up in Wellswood and went on my walk, I had been feeling spaced out which is part of my anxiety. I must have been over a mile or so from the car when it started. I felt even more spaced out, then the tunnel vision started. I felt very faint. I though I would faint. I felt unreal. I started to think why was I so stupid? Why did I walk so far? How will I get back? Will I have to knock on someone's door telling them I was unwell or having a panic attack? The thoughts escalated. I now felt totally detached and unreal. I started gulping in air. All along I walked faster and faster panicking to get back to the car. Saying to myself its gonna be alright. As I speeded up knowing my route back was close the gradually symptoms stopped. I felt uneasy but managed the mile walk back. Sadly I never do this walk anymore. I'd loved that area since 1989. In 2014 it was ruined thanks to panic attacks!
    Last edited by Ambition; 10-02-2014 at 06:26 PM.

Dagit that was such a nice post and so amazing that you were able to overcome the panic. I wish I could somehow do that. They seem to come out of nowhere and scare me to death. For me it's more like I feel like I can't stop thinking and I'll go crazy..then the physical symptoms come where I'm so focused on my breathing. Sjkar bedtime is the worst for me too.
    Thanks all for sharing. I am new to this site and can't imagine feeling better.

Hi there, Im Erin. I was talking to my local herbal/nutrition shop and the practitioner there talked about magnesium deficiency causing panic and anxiety attacks. She said because there is an increase in everyones diet regarding the consumption of lattes and cappuccinos, hence a larger amount of calcium that this depletes our magnesium in our bodies. This contributes to panic attacks and anxiety. Has anyone else heard of this research?

sounds awesome!

i agree. This sounds like the best thing in my opinion

ANXIETY, Somebody help me!! Author: Sara Burillo.
    EXCELLENT!!! Fully Recommended! This book saved me... What book saved you?

I know its cliche but "Feel the Fear and Do It Anyway"...was good....but nothing I hadnt heard of before to be honest. But another book called More to Life than Shoes...by Nadia Finer and Emily Nash is a book full of profiles of ordinary people who have done extraordinary things. People who believed in themselves and shared a gift...could be a secret writer that quit her job without telling her family and instead went to the library every day to write her book...another person invented cheap way of keeping things cool and went to Africa to share her idea. She was only 22 at the time. Anyhow this book has been great for me, its takes me out of me and it allows me to see their is a huge world of delight out there, it takes the intense and exhausting mental scrutiny I give myself and moves me into another realm.

This is an amazing story, I have gotten angry at my anxiety but never did shout aloud at it. It makes sense though, it really is our mind playing tricks on us, panicking when there is nothing to panic about. Sadly, I have not conquered my anxiety yet but I have come a long way in 15-20 years. I still have anxiety episodes but they are further and further apart and very rarely do I have a full on panic attack these days. I do remember my first attack quite vividly though I didn't go to the hospital I was alone and just frozen in place with fear. The main thing is after so long you no longer fear the anxiety itself, it becomes more like a physical illness you have to get through , like a cold or virus. Still sucks when it happens though

This was very inspiring and gives me hope that my GF will get better. I'm going to share this with her and hopefully she can gather the courage that you did to overcome this.

Brgds,

Ken