Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Sjkar. Hang in there it will get better i promise ! mine started about 2 months ago daily went to the doctor tried some anti depressants but they didn't work didn't like the way they made me feel Xanax has been a big help but this forum I think saved me! A post last week about vitamin deficiency I am low in b-12 and if you research this is linked to panic & anxiety also vitamin d3 I'm going for another blood test this week to check that level talk to your doctor about this

I just got out of the shower and found a NASTY bruise on my leg. It's angry. I don't remember getting it and my husband confirmed. Is it possible they're related????!

Oh anxiety...how I hate you.
    Attached Images Attached Images

And seeny, thanks for responding. I feel so lonely at night. It's nice to know someone out there cares.

Thank you for sharing that, I used to have this sort of anxiety until I tormented myself (told myself to just hurry up and finish the job ect) a really good read! Not too serious but really helpful!

Loved reading that. Got some real inspiration from this. Living like this is very hard and deep down we all have the strength to beat this. :-) good luck x

Thanks so much for sharing your story. It really helps.
    I also had (have) the same attacks. Mine started differently (I randomly started suffering from heartburn)
    But none the less, I thought I was dying of a heart attack. But I have practiced what you have and it does help. When I start feeling a attack coming on I relax myself by thinking "Hey, how many times has this happened before? You haven't died yet have you? NO. So I'm not going to die this time. This ISN'T the time is finally kills me. I'm going to be fine. I've made it this far already"
    You pretty much kick it in the butt and push it aside.
    (I don't have time for this, not today, not right now)

Hey Guys

Hang in there. I know how disabling panic attacks and anxiety can be. You have to try to control it. I know that its easier said than done, but thats the secret to it. Control. If you can get a handle on it, it will go away. Let me repeat that, If you get a handle on it, it will go away.... As you know, I've been there, and sometimes its easier to feel like the victim and feel sorry for yourself. However, sometimes, its GREAT to feel like the hero, like nothing can stop you today and that no matter what... you can beat it. The truth is, anxiety CAN be beaten, but you have to give yourself enough credit. You are strong. If you weren't, you wouldn't be looking for help (on here for example), you'd just give up and put up with it, BUT the fact that you are here looking for advice to beat it. You just need some reassurance. Perhaps you just need to read that it can be beaten. Something that worked for me, right in the middle of an attack, was to take a minute to say - "Ok, do your worst - right now! - I'm ready".......guess what happened..........Not a damn thing.

Best wishes.

Jas.

This is very uplifting, and I am glad you were able to beat them, I saw myself in a similar situation, and now that I am fully recovered it is so liberating. :-)

great advice. thanks!

Thanks so much for sharing. I understand that feeling about thinking a heart attack is going to come on. I used to feel that now I get scared I'm going to have a seizure or something. But I never have, and as you pointed out earlier it is about control. We have to realise that we are in charge of our feelings and thoughts even if it doesn't seem like it sometimes.