Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.

Zoloft/Em1...and anyone else

Hi there, I tried to send you a message, but it said I had to have ten posts, which I don't. So here is what I wanted to send you

Hi Em!

I am new here, and just going through all the messages I can find in regards to Zoloft. I see that you have been a sufferer of anxiety for as long as me. I'm 39, and have had it since I was 17. I've never been on any medication at all. I was prescribed Zoloft in 1994, but only took it one time because I was too scared. I don't remember what it felt like as it was so long ago. I have managed to sort of keep my anxiety under control, but still had the GAD. I see you just started Zoloft and your first medication ever. I was given Zoloft again two days ago, but haven't taken one. I'm too scared. Like everyone else with anxiety, I'm so worried about the side effects. I know you said the first day you were sleepy. But did you have any other side effects. And how has it been lately since you started over a month ago? Do you feel better?

Thanks so much!

Melanie

BTW, the doctor started me on 50mg, and gave me two months worth, but never said to up it. Is that too much to start on? Also gave me Diazepam to calm me.

Quote Originally Posted by VegasMel View Post
    Hi there, I tried to send you a message, but it said I had to have ten posts, which I don't. So here is what I wanted to send you

Hi Em!

I am new here, and just going through all the messages I can find in regards to Zoloft. I see that you have been a sufferer of anxiety for as long as me. I'm 39, and have had it since I was 17. I've never been on any medication at all. I was prescribed Zoloft in 1994, but only took it one time because I was too scared. I don't remember what it felt like as it was so long ago. I have managed to sort of keep my anxiety under control, but still had the GAD. I see you just started Zoloft and your first medication ever. I was given Zoloft again two days ago, but haven't taken one. I'm too scared. Like everyone else with anxiety, I'm so worried about the side effects. I know you said the first day you were sleepy. But did you have any other side effects. And how has it been lately since you started over a month ago? Do you feel better?

Thanks so much!

Melanie
    I'm 19 and am supposed to start it but have been to anxious to take it.. On 25 then up to 50 after a week. I think I'm gonna just force myself to take it lol

Aww......let me know if you took it. I'm so sorry you're going through this awful thing. Please have more balls than me LOL