Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.

high anxiety for days after binge drinking

Hi all,

I know I'm only doing this for reassurance as I already know the answer but who else gets bad anxiety and the mental symptoms for up to a week after a few days of binge drinking?

I always get a really funky anxiety-riddled depression kinda thing for several days after having letting it all hang out.

I get this anytime Ive overindulged.. really anxious hangover day obviously, then the next day a little better until about the fourth day when I feel back to normal again, really sucks..

alcohol causes magnesium excretion through the urine and severely depletes B vitamins.. this causes the symptoms of depression, anxiety, mental confusion etc.

Heck yeah the alcohol releases GABA(calming neurotransmitter) so you're more anxious until it builds back up. An all so common issue. Alankay

Alcohol is so nice that night, but it always makes your sober hours hell.

Quote Originally Posted by johnzandt View Post
    Hi all,

I know I'm only doing this for reassurance as I already know the answer but who else gets bad anxiety and the mental symptoms for up to a week after a few days of binge drinking?
    I have a really difficult time after drinking, when I am going through a bout of anxiety.. It's rough..

And if you read about it.. Alcohol causes anxiety in the long run.. Also depletes the body of magnesium which a lot of people theorize that low magnesium causes anxiety..

Best to take extra care of ourselves so that everything is balanced and we don't create the perfect conditions for anxiety..

I know this is hard lol.. I do enjoy having a few ..

But I can have 2 or 3 and be fine when I am doing well..

Quote Originally Posted by bonehead View Post
    alcohol causes magnesium excretion through the urine and severely depletes B vitamins.. this causes the symptoms of depression, anxiety, mental confusion etc.
    I shd have read your post.. I just said something like .. Lol