Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.

People do get over it ;)

Not only do I my self suffer from mild depression when times get extremely bad and panic attacks and I had it since I was 13 on and off I'm now 31. But my mum also suffered them and really bad aggrophobia too my mum had aggrophobia for 20 yrs all thro me and my sisters growing up she also suffered panic attacks Daily but his them very well from uz. Just before my mum turned 50 my great auntie sadly passes away and my mother was with her until she drew her last breath but as she went so peaceful and without panic or fear that made my mum feel better. But my aunts death made my mum have depression so she went on anti-depressants not sure what type and is still on a very low dose now. My mum started feeling better in her self my mum and my dad divorced also not long after but my mum started on online dating she met a man and that brought her happiness she now goes out all over, she even had her gall bladder removed that she had ad for 20 yrs and suffered badly with when I'm down I always ring my mum because I knw she understands and she's been thro it all and is a completely different women to the one I grew up with my mum has always been a women who I look up to and even more so and I hope slowly but surely I can start being positive like her to and rid the nonsense in my head

I've been feeling a lot better and life seems much more enjoyable everyday I try to talk about the problems I've had and what I did to make myself feel better. For me the big thing was to always know that there was hope and people do get better. I've never been on meds even though its been on my mind quite a few times. For me its been about lifestyle changes and just researching about anxiety. I feel like different things help different people but everyone can get better when they find the right things that help them.

So true I think it is all about keeping positive I've suffered yrs but can go yrs with out feeling panic or depression I find when I've a lot of stress I let it all get in top and spiral out if control and it sets me back again. I've got a 3 day court case that starts next Monday but it's gone on for 14 months do I no all this has caused me no end of stress and its set me on worry and panic mode again but I try to stay positive and think its normal to feel this way any one would who had that hanging over ther head for 14 months would feel the stress but wiv anxiety suffers its all about staying calm be in the present moment and stop jumping to future conclusions .

Well, its good that you don't have to wait much longer. Things that worry me the most are those that are uncertain so I its clear that waiting 14 months can really takes it's toll. And like you said: try staying calm and stop juming to future conclusions. Thinking about all the "what ifs" just makes things worse. Focus on whats good in your life right now. Just try to enjoy the present

The hard thing about it is I am the one on stand a long story and quite complex but because I av 3 children and have been worrying if I get found guilty nd playing scenarios over and over in my head worrying if I will be fidgety and panicky in court or on stand just all these and more thoughts running through my head I will feel a relieve when it's over it's been such a hard 14 months I keep wanting to try rescue remedy as I dnt take any meds to see if that can calm me

Good luck with your battle in your head and in your personal life! Both are very difficult to deal with. One thing I will offer as advice is that "few" people can seem to tough it out and get by without meds......again...... few! No one likes taking pills, myself included but I really feel that if I didn't reach out for help, I would not be here today. I take meds and still struggle but not to the sever degree as before.
    I find thinking about the future is killing me inside. I never have "good" thoughts about anything ,and it's eating me up inside. Even if I'm wrong about the future, right now it's taking it's toll just thinking about it! I thought I had a strong mind , i was wrong. This anxiety and depression crap almost got the best of me and it's a long road back. I'm still walking that road, sometimes certain days make me walk backwards too.
    I hope everything tuns out good for you..... Talk to your doc, talk to your friends, talk to someone....it does help! Take care!

It is extremely exhausting thinking about the future. Today my goal will be to try and stay in the here and now. Try to focus on my work and doing something for myself. That will help keep the anxiety at bay. Can you try the same for a short bit today?

I worry about meds making me worse that's why I avoid them but I can go years without panicking or just the odd small panic attack but i knw my self wen I'm happy in my life I'm not as bad I see things in a much more positive light but when things happen that have and my life as been on hold for 14 months with an outcome I'm unsure of until the jury cum bk with a verdict I feel out of my depth and that my life and my choices are in the hands if others so I no longer feel in control of my life or wher I want to go at the min. I just hope next Monday goes as well as can be and at the end of my 3 day trail I can move on and put it all behind me and start looking forward to my life learning to be positive and learning to be happy with what I do have and realise everyone is in the same bout at some point and we av to just get to shaw out of our bout and live cuz that's what life is all about and for ther is so much out ther so much to see and so much to do

If you wanted to consider medication, try Buspirone.
    It has the least side effects, and most people believe it does little to nothing.

I am on the fence as to what it is or is not doing.

I'm 31 now nd av suffered on and off manly Anxiety and occasionally depression since I was 13 but I've never tried any drugs I've manage well most of the time with positive thinking reading and trying to believe Thers people in worse positions than me people with no family food or shelter so I feel greatful for what I have when I think in this way it can change my mood to a happier me. I've also found that the last time I felt this bad was 10 yrs ago wen my eldest son was 3 and at nursery and as well as the court case my 3rd child is 3 now and at nursery I think I feel lonely at times as my hubby is at wrk and my children are at sch or nursery and I'm not working at tho mo so I can get down as I am a clever woman and have a degree in criminology I need mental stimulation I need to be apart of something but as I've been at home I've got stuck wiv the four walls and it isn't gud as people with anxiety and depression do need to be out and around people so you don't feel detached from life which can some times make you worse I know it defo does with