Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.

Thread: I don't know

I don't know

So, I'm new to this. I feel kinda silly really, because its probably nothing. The forums about anxiety, but I don't actually know if I have it. I'm not asking for a diagnosis or anything, maybe just someone who is in a similar situation. Sorry if someone actually suffering read this and thinks I'm being childish and there's nothing wrong. Maybe there isn't. I just, yeah...lots of writing coming up.

I get a sick feeling going out with friends, I get nervous but I have no idea why. The thing is, I could go out with my bf everyday and not feel like that. I know, probably thinking I'm some loved up teenager just ditching her friends. I feel like that, but I can't help it and I hate it. They are all there for me, I just worry one day they'll say they've had enough of me because I barely see them out side of school. With my bf, I'm not nervous, with them I am.

I have this constant feeling in my stomach, like the butterflies you get when you get nervous. It's so bad sometimes I feel sick. I feel like I have plan everything, I have to know what's going on. Somedays, I just don't want to get up, or do anything. Not eat, just stay in bed. The thing is, my mum see's it as just 'teenager syndrome', lazy and hormonal, maybe it is, but I'm clueless. I don't worry when I'm in public, I wouldn't say I'm confident, just, alright. Recently though, I only want to go out to see my boyfriend, and with my mum in town which is 5 minutes down the road. I don't like to go any further. I panic about my friends, sometimes I just cry at night, because I don't know what to do. I've spoken to them, they say they understand. I...I just worry they don't.

So yeah, that's it. Me. If someone's read that, sorry for how I wrote it. New here ☺😝

Quote Originally Posted by Miss.GracieN View Post
    So, I'm new to this. I feel kinda silly really, because its probably nothing. The forums about anxiety, but I don't actually know if I have it. I'm not asking for a diagnosis or anything, maybe just someone who is in a similar situation. Sorry if someone actually suffering read this and thinks I'm being childish and there's nothing wrong. Maybe there isn't. I just, yeah...lots of writing coming up.

I get a sick feeling going out with friends, I get nervous but I have no idea why. The thing is, I could go out with my bf everyday and not feel like that. I know, probably thinking I'm some loved up teenager just ditching her friends. I feel like that, but I can't help it and I hate it. They are all there for me, I just worry one day they'll say they've had enough of me because I barely see them out side of school. With my bf, I'm not nervous, with them I am.

I have this constant feeling in my stomach, like the butterflies you get when you get nervous. It's so bad sometimes I feel sick. I feel like I have plan everything, I have to know what's going on. Somedays, I just don't want to get up, or do anything. Not eat, just stay in bed. The thing is, my mum see's it as just 'teenager syndrome', lazy and hormonal, maybe it is, but I'm clueless. I don't worry when I'm in public, I wouldn't say I'm confident, just, alright. Recently though, I only want to go out to see my boyfriend, and with my mum in town which is 5 minutes down the road. I don't like to go any further. I panic about my friends, sometimes I just cry at night, because I don't know what to do. I've spoken to them, they say they understand. I...I just worry they don't.

So yeah, that's it. Me. If someone's read that, sorry for how I wrote it. New here ☺dde1d
    Hello how long have you felt like this and why do you feel anxious ?

Past...4/5 months. I can't really tell. It just faded in (if that makes sense)

It sounds like you are definitely dealing with anxiety. I get the same way about going anywhere unless its with my fiancé. Even still I get anxious depending on the situation, but I feel much more safe when he's around. You should try talking to a therapist about how you're feeling. I've found therapy had been very helpful for me.

Yeah, my mum has a lot on her plate with my siblings and herself. I feel like I'm just going I make it worse for her

I think you should see a therapist first, and then see if you need medications.
    Sounds like it is a mild form of anxiety.

There is lots of help in here and if you feel you wanted to see your doctor they can help you in all sorts of ways with Medication or therapy

I've been planning (hardly surprising) how to tell her, I think, she's in the mind set that everyone gets like this. I hide it when she's there, I don't act different talking to people. It's the way I think so she doesn't see it. I don't know how to say it. Meh...I'll think of something x

Quote Originally Posted by aclockworkrystn View Post
    Even still I get anxious depending on the situation, but I feel much more safe when he's around.
    That's exactly how I feel x