Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.

WHAT SHALL I DO?

i been taking xanax for 7 years now,
    I cant Leave apt with out them.
    What scares me, when my heart beats so fast, Im scared of dying. Ive been taking fish oil capsules, i heard its good for your heart, Anyone eles Feel Same way? anyone eles taking fish oil? I take 1000 Mg Twice a Day ( fish oil ) im scared to take 3 times a day, I have Bad Phobias To, i have To take Meds, when Some one Is Around, Aint I crazy? im scared of Side Affects & my Heart Playing Balll. What shall I do? any Ideas?

For one thing, if you've been taking Xanax for seven years, have you also been doing behavioral therapy in addition that or just the meds? Secondly, if you've been on a med that long, why are you changing it now? What prompted this decision?

If your heart beats fast, then let it. Go with it don't run away from it, ONE THINGS FOR SURE, YOU AIN'T GONNA DIE!! eventually everything will calm down. As far as fish oils are concerned stop taking them. Just have normal fish once or twice a week, if you want to, and save yourself some money!

Quote Originally Posted by Phil
    If your heart beats fast, then let it. Go with it don't run away from it, ONE THINGS FOR SURE, YOU AIN'T GONNA DIE!! eventually everything will calm down. As far as fish oils are concerned stop taking them. Just have normal fish once or twice a week, if you want to, and save yourself some money!
    There is certainly nothing wrong with fish oil pills. If you don't like the taste of fish, there is NOTHING wrong with taking them. In fact, taking fish oil pills can actually be safer than eating fish because of reduced danger from heavy metals like mercury. Most fish oil pills are tested to make sure that heavy metals are not a problem. The same can't be said about actual fish. I should also note that fish oil is CHEAPER, rather than more expensive than actual fish. So unless you LIKE fish and are willing to eat it frequenty, fish oil pills are fine. As for amount, two pills a day is fine. There is no need for three.

Also, what else have you done about your anxiety besides meds? Have you tried any type of therapy or self-help? The reason MANY people have these problems for years on end is because they just go on meds and expect everything to go away. OR, they are told by doctors that this is their only hope. But meds are NEVER a permanent solution. You probably should get a good self-help book such as one of the Claire Weekes books, try a good self-help website like anxietycentre.com, or maybe find a good therapist. Therapy can be REALLY helpful. But I list it last jus because it is SO hard to find a therapist who can actually help you. And a bad one can do more harm than good.