Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.

Hello New Member

Hi everyone.

Just wanted to say hi and introduce myself. I was diagnosed with anxiety a month ago after going into the hospital. My doctor thought I had a heart attack as I'm diabetic. It turned out to be anxiety and we think depression, though I have had to quit my job (sales and anxiety don't mix well) and so I lost my insurance. I'm here because I was told it's better to talk about it and my friends just think it's easy to get over since I'm on medication.

So I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone and sharing our stories.

I work in sales, and that is true, pretty tough at times. The thing is, I like what I do but sometimes I get panicky because I cant leave the situation; thats when work sucks. If I am irratable it is also really tough to be around people. Good thing you got out of it when you knew it wasn't a good place to be. Hopefully I will be able to do the same.

Marlow

Your friends are very wrong- it's not easy at all. If it was easy it wouldn't be such a problem for so many people. Just stay strong and work on yourself and you will get there
    X

Ps- medication does not in any way get rid of anxiety, it just works as a quick fix. Try not to become too dependant on it.

Welcome to the forum. katyats is right, medication is a bandage, not a solution. It really is better to talk about these things than to use medication as a solution.

Quote Originally Posted by Kindalost View Post
    Hi everyone.

Just wanted to say hi and introduce myself. I was diagnosed with anxiety a month ago after going into the hospital. My doctor thought I had a heart attack as I'm diabetic. It turned out to be anxiety and we think depression, though I have had to quit my job (sales and anxiety don't mix well) and so I lost my insurance. I'm here because I was told it's better to talk about it and my friends just think it's easy to get over since I'm on medication.

So I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone and sharing our stories.
    Hi Lost, welcome to the forum! Sorry to hear that you're going through a tough time, but this forum is an excellent place...I'm so glad I found it! I can totally relate to your work situation...I'm on the verge of quitting my job, which I really can't afford to do, because my anxiety and related issues are becoming such a priority for me to deal with. I'm trying to stick it out for the time being, and in the mean time, I'm looking into the possibility of short term disability. My mind and body are telling me I need a break, but it's so hard when money is an issue! At any rate, it is definitely better to talk about it than holding it in...and sometimes people who have never been through something similar really don't understand that it isn't always as simple as take a pill and make it go away. It's not exactly an easy thing just to "get over." This forum is great...people here can definitely understand what you are going through and how frustrating it can be, and have a lot of great words of wisdom, suggestions, ideas and resources to share!