Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.

does anxiety cause STRONG emotions..please read

I needed to ask this question. Let me give an example of why. Last night was 4th of July and this guy ended getting hit in the head by a baseball. He was a fan and the ball struck him right in his temple. Before I had anxiety I would of been like "oh shit, I hope hes alright!" But after developing anxiety disorder I noticed my emotions were so strong. After seeing that I literally had tears and was about to rush down and help the guy (but someone else got to him first) I felt like the mans family member almost. Not only that but there was another example of my emotions being high. I got into a very heated argument with someone and during that argument I had violent thoughts towards that person because I was just so pissed. And during the argument my Adrenaline started pumping and I got really hot and just couldnt even talk right...and I really just felt like hitting the dude in the face and tossing him out the nearest window..I only get these thoughts during arguments...I never just think about that kind of stuff when my anxiety is low and im relaxed or there isnt anything wrong...only when pissed does strong anger come out. Normal for an anxiety suffer for their emotions to be a million times stronger?

I already posted but it didn't let me so I'll start again. I have this same problem and its mostly because I try to control these strong emotions that I have these attacks. I would first have the urge to control them which would heighten the adrenaline, then I would feel guilty for having them, which sent me into panic.

Quote Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
    I already posted but it didn't let me so I'll start again. I have this same problem and its mostly because I try to control these strong emotions that I have these attacks. I would first have the urge to control them which would heighten the adrenaline, then I would feel guilty for having them, which sent me into panic.
    I believe what this is could possibly be irritability. I noticed thats what I had today..im trying to learn to control it.

YES......anxiety dramatically increases your emotions IMO. I've been dealing with it for some time and I would start to tear up on many occasions. That's not normal for a man right?

Try to medicate yourself to control this state of mind you're in now and you will see a difference.

Good luck!