Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

When your heart skipps

When your heart skips do ur pupil on your eyes get big ? Do you get hot flashes is this normal?? I get scared ? Especially that I'm home alone I get deppressed it ruins my whole day all I do is cry

Hello there

I dont know exactly what a skipped heart beat feels like but every now and then I get this feeling; its happend like twice where I feel like my heart has drop and come back again and when this happens I usually get like a hot blood rush feeling that goes straight away, it all happens so quick but it puts me in panic mode definitely, I think the only way you can try and not feel like you do when it happens is to use self help methods for anxiety e.g. youtube videos and whenever you feel low talk to someone on here private message me if you would like . Im new to anxiety infact I havent even been diagnosed but the drs say its the most probable cause as ive had it for so long with all tests come back as normal

Quote Originally Posted by anxietygirl143 View Post
    When your heart skips do ur pupil on your eyes get big ? Do you get hot flashes is this normal?? I get scared ? Especially that I'm home alone I get deppressed it ruins my whole day all I do is cry
    I suffer from heart skips and "flutters" all the time. I first started with them about a year ago when I was 25 after I had a nervous breakdown. I went to the dr and he told me that its all anxiety and they will not hurt me. He ran several tests and they all came back normal. I was told that I have PVCs which are a kind of palpitation. Every time I get them I get a hot flash. Try and not to get depressed with them, I did for a while and I was wasting my time. They can feel very scary but just as long as you get checked out by a dr you have nothing to fear from them. Stay strong

Quote Originally Posted by Amanda93 View Post
    Hello there

I dont know exactly what a skipped heart beat feels like but every now and then I get this feeling; its happend like twice where I feel like my heart has drop and come back again and when this happens I usually get like a hot blood rush feeling that goes straight away, it all happens so quick but it puts me in panic mode definitely, I think the only way you can try and not feel like you do when it happens is to use self help methods for anxiety e.g. youtube videos and whenever you feel low talk to someone on here private message me if you would like . Im new to anxiety infact I havent even been diagnosed but the drs say its the most probable cause as ive had it for so long with all tests come back as normal
    does your skipped heart take your breath away? mine does and when I check pulse and if it occurs again I can actually feel the skipped beat.

Quote Originally Posted by bax

does your skipped heart take your breath away? mine does and when I check pulse and if it occurs again I can actually feel the skipped beat.
    I dont think it has taken my breath away but I have had that feeling . Im.always taking my pulse I just make sure my pulse is betwern 60 and 100 as thats a healthy heart rate xx

I just had that going on for over a month I went and got it checked at the hospital and they said they are PVCs it scares the hell out of u

Quote Originally Posted by dina
    I just had that going on for over a month I went and got it checked at the hospital and they said they are PVCs it scares the hell out of u
    What is PVC's x

Quote Originally Posted by Amanda93 View Post

What is PVC's x
    When your heat skips beats

PVCs are premature ventricular contractions meanin your Heart fires to soon or skips a beat and it is scary u feel it like butterflies in your chest or like it flipped over

It's all harmless and can't hurt u but it sure can scare the pants off u. Just breath deep it always helps me