Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Hi everyone!

Okay, well first of all, think about it logically...how realistic of a possibility is it that you have HIV, lung cancer, throat cancer, heart disease, a brain tumor, diabetes, MS...and all the other unnamed things? Not very. And how likely is it that you have any of them? Probably still not very. If it is something entirely physical, more likely than not it is simple and treatable not not life threatening. The number one thing I can say is DON'T GOOGLE! It's a huge mistake. A lot of us here are guilty of it, but I've learned the hard way that it is just about the worst idea there is. It just fuels the fire. A lot of your symptoms definitely sound anxiety related. Check out that link that I posted...it's a pretty comprehensive list of things you can experience with anxiety, and a lot of what you mention is on there!

If someone doesn't text me back I panic that they're dead or they hate me. I feel scared to be alone but also want to be on my own? I feel so lost and confused.

Could this really be anxiety? It seems to have come out or nowhere and it's ruining my life and relationships! Or is it an underlying illness causing all this?? I don't know what todo or think. ;(

Quote Originally Posted by str8trippin View Post
    I found this list when I was first experiencing anxiety and it was helpful to me in realizing how much of what I was going through could be related back to anxiety. Check it out...it's kind of ridiculous how long it is!

http://www.anxietycentre.com/anxiety-symptoms.shtml
    Wow that's some list lol

Quote Originally Posted by em1 View Post
    Wow that's some list lol
    It really is! What's even scarier is when you can mark off having experienced nearly everything on it! LOL.

Okay, well first of all, think about it logically...how realistic of a possibility is it that you have HIV, lung cancer, throat cancer, heart disease, a brain tumor, diabetes, MS...and all the other unnamed things? Not very. And how likely is it that you have any of them? Probably still not very. If it is something entirely physical, more likely than not it is simple and treatable not not life threatening. The number one thing I can say is DON'T GOOGLE! It's a huge mistake. A lot of us here are guilty of it, but I've learned the hard way that it is just about the worst idea there is. It just fuels the fire. A lot of your symptoms definitely sound anxiety related. Check out that link that I posted...it's a pretty comprehensive list of things you can experience with anxiety, and a lot of what you mention is on there!
    I know it's ridiculously unlikely , I just am convinced I'm dying and no one believes me? It's ruining my relationships, my boyfriend is suffering the most because I'm extremely difficult to deal with right now . I just didn't realise anxiety could come on at such a quick period (8 months). I've only just been able to admit that perhaps it is anxiety.. Did you have trouble admitting it could be down to that as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Stacey1991 View Post
    I know it's ridiculously unlikely , I just am convinced I'm dying and no one believes me? It's ruining my relationships, my boyfriend is suffering the most because I'm extremely difficult to deal with right now . I just didn't realise anxiety could come on at such a quick period (8 months). I've only just been able to admit that perhaps it is anxiety.. Did you have trouble admitting it could be down to that as well?
    I think most people here could say that they've gone through not believing anxiety could cause so many of the things they were going through. It certainly doesn't feel like that's all it is. For me, it just came down to reassuring myself by taking the proper steps to rule out other things...if you've been to the doctor and everything is coming back clear, then most likely it is and what you're experiencing is anxiety. I have had general anxiety, all though undiagnosed, my entire life...but I'm pretty sure it's been there...but the severe anxiety and panic attacks I've experienced came on very suddenly. Things were fine one second and not so much the next, so it can definitely happen over a short period of time.

I think most people here could say that they've gone through not believing anxiety could cause so many of the things they were going through. It certainly doesn't feel like that's all it is. For me, it just came down to reassuring myself by taking the proper steps to rule out other things...if you've been to the doctor and everything is coming back clear, then most likely it is and what you're experiencing is anxiety. I have had general anxiety, all though undiagnosed, my entire life...but I'm pretty sure it's been there...but the severe anxiety and panic attacks I've experienced came on very suddenly. Things were fine one second and not so much the next, so it can definitely happen over a short period of time.
    It's just so difficult because I've become a different person in the last 8 months like I'm completely unrecognisable. It's literally ruining my life. I'm going for a few more blood tests to be 100% and if they're all clear and it really is just anxiety then I think ill be able to deal with it better because I know for certain. Is there any actual cure for anxiety? Because it that's is what this is then its awful!

I wouldn't say there is a "cure" per say because anxiety is a lot different than, say, having a specific physical ailment...but there are a lot of different ways to cope with anxiety...counseling and therapy, medications, massage and relaxation, breathing exercises, meditation, natural medicine and herbal supplements...the answer is going to be different for everyone. You can find a lot of resources in this forum, and online, for learning how to control your anxiety.

Thank you so much for all your advise guess the hardest thing for me has been realising I'm not the strong and confident individual I was last year. It's crazy how much I've changed! Will let you know how other results come back and what action I have taken x

You have anxiety Hun! You had a lot of test done, and DR looked at a lot of things for you! So your healthy! You are just very, very, very stressed out! You need to slow down your thoughts, and you body! Pains, numbness is your body tensing up. Your adrenaline is running ramped through your body! You need to use breathing to calm yourself, and know anxiety is not harmful, yes it feels horrible! But you need to know what it is! DO NOT GOOGLE SYMPTOMS! You are just feeding your anxiety by doing so, also when you homp on the sensations your body is feeling, it also fuels the anxiety! And you end up with more symptoms! Vicious circle I know! And when you complete the vicious circle, you end up with a nice panic attack! So see your doctor about anxiety! Look up some relaxing videos on you tube. ( honest guys are good ) and learn some relaxing breathing techniques. Make sure you always breath correctly and you relax your muscles ! Ask yourself right now, what are my shoulders doing? And see how you have them, are they raised up towards your ears! Acknowledge that, and bring them down! Remind yourself not to tense up! That will cause your muscles to become weak, sore, and shaky! The pins, and needles effect is your body not circulating! You need to breath, and feed them oxygen! Relax them! And lightly rotate your feet, and fingers. Imagine the air you breath goes through your body, and right to the tips of your toes! Also know this! Anxiety is treatable, it takes a bit of time, but its not harmful! And you will get better!