Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.

Should I Arm myself with Anger???

I've spent quite some time dwelling on the emotional state of being that the majority of us agoraphobics suffer through either right before having a panic attack or during one. Most of the time, at least for me, anyway, I experience passiveness, cautiousness, and nervousness. What if I got angry though? What if I just got mad as all hell while I was at a red light, for example, and just starting yelling obscenities in my car? I know that to some, this might sound funny, but I'm being serious here. Or I could just yell out loud that I won't surrender or turn back. Does anyone here have experience with getting angry during panic? Do you think it would help? I know that everybody is different, but I DO have quite a bit of repressed anger. So idk, shouldn't I somehow figure out a way to use that to my advantage. What do you guys think?

I think it would get you more worked up but heck your already worked way up so it might help. Alankay

I found that getting angry with my anxiety has helped a little, I treat it like it is a rival trying to beat me, and often find myself letting it know it wont get the better of me. I've mentioned before I find using a punch bag to do a little boxing really helped me visualize my battle with anxiety.
    I would say, give it a go, don't get angry at yourself, or at others, get angry at the illness.
    Hope it helps a little.
    Abi
    Even after years of circling the same waters, it's possible to find a way to shore.

Thanks a bunch. I'll try it out next time I'm alone.