Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Page 12 of 76 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JCX View Post
    Is OCD curable?? :S
    It is treatable and manageable ..

I know all too well about the misery that OCD can create.. And I can tell you that I was amazed with my turn around after being on meds and in therapy for a just a few months and then longer.

What country or state do u live in?

I have obsessed about it all day too and I just want to go home and sleep to get rid of it but I know that is not the way to handle it. Facing it is the way to handle it and that is hard to do when you are in the midst of anxiety. I think it is at its peak for us JCX right now. Which sucks BAD! It sucks to have to work wondering if people can tell you are on edge or if you can even give them eye contact because you think you may lose it in front of them. Do you ever feel that way?

OCD is "intrusive .. Disturbing thoughts that persist." On the obsessive part., and then some/many people follow with a compulsion.. Acting out rituals knocking 5 times etc..

I do not have the compulsion part.. I just have the obsessive.. Which is much much more under control these days..

You also can get Disturbing thoughts through anxiety to like I have,you will get better and there is a light at the end of the tunnel,it's not nice when your going through it but it won't allways be bad

I definitely do JennJenn! I feel that people might be wondering if im crazy or weird. I live in USA. Massachusetts is the state.

Im afraid my family will think im crazy if I go on meds and therapy. Should I tell them?

I live in Tennessee, I am a little embarrassed to tell anyone at work that I am just having anxiety issues at the moment and I am noticing today that the lights are freaking me out. I constantly bounce my leg and my boss keeps saying are you ok? I don't want her to think I cant handle stress or my job.

Are you on meds Jenn? Arent they working for you?

Quote Originally Posted by JCX View Post
    Im afraid my family will think im crazy if I go on meds and therapy. Should I tell them?
    Ok stop that,your not crazy,yes Meds ad therapy will help you and yes talk to your family about it I bet they will understand more than you think they will

I would love to go to America it looks amazing