Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Page 1 of 76 1231151 ... LastLast

Please help. New with Anxiety

Hi I would like to start it off with how my anxiety got to this point. I have always been an anxious kid, shy because I would be anxious of what they would think of me. I smoked m.j (a lot because I didnt know how much I had to smoke). I had a panic attack and freaked out. Ever since that ive been having high anxiety. I had a major panic attack and stress once because I was afraid idb blamed for something I didnt do. Now ive been very afraid because im getting these tension headaches and I keep thinking that Im going to go insane. Ive been so afraid I might die from a disease. I tried to go to the doctor but I had high anxiety that he would find something internally wrong with me or he would put me in a mental institute. What do I do? Is this anxiety or somethign entirely else?!?!?

I only smoked Marijuana once I should add.

Also I cant stop the anxiety. Its nonstop for me because ai cant stop thinking about it. Thank you everyone.

I'm sorry to hear your anxiety is affecting you so badly at the minute.
    Would just like to say, you're not going insane, I often feel the same when I can't stop my thoughts from taking over, but you have to remember it is just the anxiety that is making you feel that way.
    I know fear is hard to overcome, but with regards to seeing the Doctor, if you do have something physically wrong, wouldn't it be better to find it and get treated rather than torturing yourself wondering? Also, I remember telling my Doctor the exact same thing, "I feel like i'm going insane, i'm scared i'll end up in a mental hospital." He said to me, if you need to be in a mental hospital, that is the best place for you to be.
    Have a look around, there's loads of little tips I've picked up from people that have helped me, I really hope you find a little help.
    Best wishes.
    Abi.
    Even after years of circling the same waters, it's possible to find a way to shore.

Have you seen a doc or therapist yet? Start there. Alankay

Anxiety is really hard when it first strikes. Your thoughts and fears are the same ones we all have. Make sure you see a doc to rule out any physical causes first, then learn all you can about anxiety. It will help you deal with the symptoms and help you to adjust the faulty thinking that got you to this point.

I will pick up the courage this time to help me with this. Thanks guy.

Do you have any tips how to manage myself? My next doctor appointment is in 3 weeks or so

I feel like im going to die before then or go crazy lol..... jeez I must sound crazy to you guys!

Quote Originally Posted by JCX View Post
    I will pick up the courage this time to help me with this. Thanks guy.

Do you have any tips how to manage myself? My next doctor appointment is in 3 weeks or so

I feel like im going to die before then or go crazy lol..... jeez I must sound crazy to you guys!
    Crazy lol no your not crazy and not do you sound it,I would have lavender room sprays and put lavender oils in the bath,I know how rubbish you feel at the moment but it will get better

Quote Originally Posted by em1 View Post
    Crazy lol no your not crazy and not do you sound it,I would have lavender room sprays and put lavender oils in the bath,I know how rubbish you feel at the moment but it will get better
    Yes I very much do hope so. I actually feel better and headache has gone away now that Ive gotten some assurances from you. I HAVE to get better!!

Also if my doctor prescribes me medicine, is it okay to go on them??? My experience with marijuana has scared me so much...