Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Page 76 of 76 FirstFirst ... 2666747576
    Hi guys. Has anyone ever felt like some things arent real? Weird in a sort of way. My friend bought a donut and it seemed smaller then usual to me, then I started worrying what if this isnt real?? Lately ive been afraid im schizophrenic, does anyone else have these symptoms?!?!?!?!?

Ive been DX with adhd and general anxiety disorder, but im afraid my doctor hasnt figured out im schizophrenic, or maybe im just slowly becoming one.

Quote Originally Posted by JCX View Post
    Hi guys. Has anyone ever felt like some things arent real? Weird in a sort of way. My friend bought a donut and it seemed smaller then usual to me, then I started worrying what if this isnt real?? Lately ive been afraid im schizophrenic, does anyone else have these symptoms?!?!?!?!?

Ive been DX with adhd and general anxiety disorder, but im afraid my doctor hasnt figured out im schizophrenic, or maybe im just slowly becoming one.
    Relax relax relax, this is normal for people like us sometimes when i look in the mirror after a shower or something it will seem to move or my head will seem too small for my body.In full panic mode it seems like nothing is real at all, ive had to pull over to gather my thoughts, sometimes ill talk to myself in different accents or even to other people. I am not schizo. and i dont have mpd. i am just doing whatever makes me feel better at the moment. when we are panicing the adrenaline gives us a type of tunnel vision creating odd sights like small doughnuts or mirrors that move about like water. Its ok my friend there are alot of us out there who are going through the same thing

Thank you that makes me feel much better. I feel good knowing im not alone!

I worry that I'm going to become schizophrenic or bipolar and my docs/therapist don't realize it. I fixate on becoming crazy often...it gets depressing. I feel like I'm the only one who knows I'm losing it. I don't hallucinate or hear things but I worry that I will. If I see something out of the corner of my eye, I worry I hallucinated. It's very upsetting....

Look up derealization and anxiety...

Yes defiantly look up depersonalisation and read all about it my boyfriend felt like this so much and thought he was going insane and not feeling real. He swears this is what he has and is putting things into action to help cure it. Do take a look as it will help you I'm sure and will also make you realise your not going crazy xxx

I know that feeling.. the way I relieve that kind of "crazy" feeling is by looking into a mirror and looking directly into my eyes. In that moment I just see myself as who I am, I see the window of my own soul and I feel comforted, because I know deep inside, I am pure and calm. You might like to try it and see how it goes for yourself.

Hey everyone, this worked for us last night.

Ask whoever is having the panic attack to lie down, and play Anthony Tilotta's music... the album is called "Listen" and tell them to focus on the music.

It should help them begin to breathe better and to fall asleep, it's a really calming album and it actually is supposed to help aid with anxiety/panic attacks and sleeping problems. Best of luck, be strong.