Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by em1 View Post

How did yours first start? How long have you had them?
    I had financial problems away at beginning of last year , was unable to work due to a knee operation and everything just got in top of me . My oldest son now 10 had behavioural problems and the health visitor and go we're no help at all with him . He has been a lot better but still awaiting an appointment with children's hospital . My sister and partner knew something was wrong as I was taking kids to school and coming home and going to bed every day . I guess that's when I felt it start . It just progressed from there doctor tried me in 2 strengths of citalopran but didn't help then onto 50mg of venlaflaxine then up to 150mg them + beta blockers and I take 4 phergram tablets an hour before bed but still wide awake til around 4.30 am and alarm goes off at 6.15 am . Think I got used to tiredness for a while but now I'm just so exhausted and emotions are all over place . I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy .

How did yours start hunni ?
    Have u found anything that helps u ? Xxxx

Quote Originally Posted by em1 View Post
    I've had mine for years and I learn to cope with it,like I would have one once in a while not everyday so I hope I can get back to that again soon and no you won't go crazy lol

How do you cope. Do you do breathing exercises? I tried those and they definitely help I also went on you tube and listened to relaxation techniques and it too helps but I cant get rid of the nervousness. Its like I am always afraid of the next attack.

I tried breathing techniques and have relaxation music on the iPod I listen to at night it does help calm me down but like u the nervousness is horrible . I had a horrible attack at my children's school while going to pick them up . I just froze and felt sick to my stomach was awful . I felt so embarrassed that I fear every day I go to pick them up now , I try to push myself to go out and about more but it's so hard doing it on ur own . Xxx

Quote Originally Posted by JennJenn View Post

I am so scared of medications and getting addicted. what do you take if you dont mind me asking and does it make you feel like a zombie.
    I take venlaflaxine 150mg once per day + beta blockers 3 times per day and an hour before bed I take 4 phergrams to try make me sleepy but with no affect . I'm the same I always worry the drugs make u too dependant or make u worse xxxx

How do you cope. Do you do breathing exercises? I tried those and they definitely help I also went on you tube and listened to relaxation techniques and it too helps but I cant get rid of the nervousness. Its like I am always afraid of the next attack.
    Yes I do that to,self help books,I also use Lavender room spray and lavender oils in my bath,I am on tablets now but I'm not going stay on them forever if I can please feel free to send me a message anytime you need to chat

I was not gr8 when I first started on the Meds and I've only been on them just over two weeks now but please don't be scared to go in them if you need to,they have helped me loads

I am so scared of medications and getting addicted. what do you take if you dont mind me asking and does it make you feel like a zombie.
    Jennjenn! I SO understand your fear of medications.. And there is also a real stigma w medications too.. I used to feel so defeated and weak .. As though I was giving up..

But the reality is that these illnesses are very real.. Very crippling.. And completely treatable!

Of course I also understand fear of the meds.. But what's important to consider the pros vs cons.. If your quality of life w out medication is severely compromised.. And if you are losing the battle against mental illness on your own.. Then the "risks" involved with taking meds have more pros than cons compared to your current situation.

I couldn't take a day trip.. I cdnt go over bridges.. I couldn't be in desolate places., I couldn't sleep by myself or with the lights off.. Or TV off..I couldn't order food or go into stores comfortably by myself.. I couldn't stop obsessing and worrying to a point of debilitating anxiety complete with heart palpitations.. Dizzy and black outs..

So!!! For me.. Taking a pill.. And dealing with the possibilities of all of the good it could do for me.. Greatly outweighed what bad it could possibly do to me..

I used to say "if this pill killed me tomorrow at least I lived a FULL AND HAPPY today.." I wast living without the pill anyway.. Who could call that living??

And someone said something else interesting to me when I was debating as to whether or not I should take meds.. They said "hell of eat a cinder block if it would make that madness go away.. Think about the foods we eat., the alcohol.. The smoking.. Allll the bad and potential "bad" things we do to our bodies every day.. And this pill concerns you?"

Lol!!

Paxil.. And Zoloft changed my life! I wouldn't have believed it in my wildest dreams :-))) an that's why since I have been off of my meds for about 6 mos and relapsing after a 10 year stretch of awesomeness I am back on Zoloft for the past 2.5 weeks .. Very anxiously awaiting peace!! :-))

And I used to worry about being like a zombie.. I can reassure you that you will not..

And in those 10 years that I was well.. I was still me., I still worried a bit.. And I still had to work to be mentally stable.. I avoided triggers etc.. But the medication made it possible..

I too have a husband and 2 kids

And my husband threatens me that if I don't snap out of my health anxiety the social services will give the children for fostering while I ll be placed in a psychiatric ward like loopy Lucy
    What would you make of this husband????
    Sometimes I feel like strangling and shut him up for good!
    Just kidding I m not insane yet!!!

Quote Originally Posted by M.C View Post
    I too have a husband and 2 kids

And my husband threatens me that if I don't snap out of my health anxiety the social services will give the children for fostering while I ll be placed in a psychiatric ward like loopy Lucy
    What would you make of this husband????
    Sometimes I feel like strangling and shut him up for good!
    Just kidding I m not insane yet!!!
    Hahaha! MC!
    Hmmm.. Marriages are personal agreements.. I don't completely want to infringe

But that sounds incredibly insensitive.. An it's totally not true.

I know someone who has 4 kids and very bi polar.. I've been there for her ups and downs.. She has been in the hospital etc- NO ONE has taken her kids away from her.

It sounds like your husband is trying to cope with this situation.. And deal with trying to change you the only way he knows how.. But it's not the right way.

Maybe you guys can go to counseling together so that he can better understand what you are going through and how he can cope as well..