Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.

Help with overthinking?

I have searched all the symptoms of anxiety/racing mind and what everyone is going through and how they are treating their problems, but I can't find anything similar to my "issues". Maybe you guys can help me understand what it is I am going through....

I do not feel like I have anxiety, but more like a racing mind about....well, everything in my life....my husband, our home, my job, my hobbies, my exercise, my friends, my family.....ugh And not even really a racing mind, but a tendency to really overthink and overanalyze. I don't have any physical effects from this, but when something is not going the way I want it to in my life, it brings me totally down....I tend to overthink it way too much and can't stop. Almost like I have to fix it. Like I can't ever get over it and just rethink and rephrase it 400 different ways....and then I bring my husband down with me when I try to explain my problem to him. He is so patient and level-headed making me feel even more crazy. I search and search for an answer to my overthinking and end up blaming things that maybe aren't even the reason, but I just want to find a REASON. I am a "fixer" and help others out with issues, but can't fix my own.

I have gone through this before and it fixed itself or else just went away. And it usually lasts a weekend.

Why do I do this? Am I normal, or just overthinking too much? If so, how can I stop? Do I need to meditate maybe and chill out? I consider myself very normal, but have one of these breakdowns about 2 times every year. It might also be from all the things that I tend to take on, just builds up on me and it's normal to breakdown like this? I have no kids, but planning and definitely don't want to be like this as a mom, where I feel overwhelmed and am driving myself crazy thinking about stuff.

Thanks for any suggestions or help.

I thought I was properly losing my mind for a moment then :shock:

I've just replied to this in the other section 8)