Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.

Unexplained Anxiety! PLEASE HELP!!

Hi everyone! Ok bear with me this is kind of long but im begging you to help me, any advice of any kind would help!
    Im suffering from a bad case of anxiety attacks that I can't seem to get help with. I'm a teenager who has a great life, no money problems or anything like that. The only stress I may have is from college and jobs. I also had an allergic reaction about a year or two ago and the doctor told me if I had one again and didn't make it to help within 15 minutes my throat would close. I think this may have something to do with it because it seems like all my anxiety comes from feared medical conditions. For example, if my breathing feels weird I automatically assume that my throat is closing or if I'm having chest pains I think it's a heart attack, ect. Sometimes if it gets bad enough where I'll end up going to the hospital and sitting in my car by the emergency room because I feel like if I'm home I can die. I mean the ambulance wouldn't be able to make it to the house before I stopped breathing or my heart failed or whatever. It's really ruining my life. I'm always in constant awareness of my body, " oh, was that a flutter in my heart" , " I feel like I'm breathing weird". It's causing me to take away from what a normal person my age would do, I don't even like to exercise because my heart and breathing speed up and I'll get lightheaded and feel like I need to pass out. I've also suffered from vertigo, not sure if that's connected with anything. I get dizzy and lightheaded a lot. Someone my age shouldnt be constantly thinking I'm going to die and taking random trips ( sometimes in the middle of the night and for hours at a time) to the hospital to sit there just to ease my mind. I've tried to get on medicine before and it didn't help. Please help!! I've gone to so many doctors for conditions such as heart problems but I'm starting to wonder if it could all be linked back to anxiety. It's so aggravating!!, any advice is good advice! Thank you

Nancy, this is all so common(health anxiety). First I'd meet with a therapist and go through your life and see if there are any unresolved conflicts, trauma, etc that night be causing your anxiety.
    If you are like me and have just an anxious personality(no reason such as abuse, trauma, conflicts) you need to educate yourself on anxiety and even what anaphylactic shock is and how to use an anti histamine(at any pharmacy) to counter it. This should help with that. Ask your doc about steps to take using an antihistamine so you know in your mind you can do something for yourself if you get a recation that will limit it's effects and/or buy you lots of time to get med help.
    But treatment for anxiety should be next. Talk to your doc on what anti histamine and how much he recommends you use if you feel a reacation coming on. Atarax(Hydroxyzine) is an old antihistamine that also has anti anxiety effects so ask about having it in hand via an rx from him. PM me any time. Alankay