Hello, just have a question regarding Xanax.

About 8 years ago I was diagnosed with Anxiety & Panic disorder. After a few months of Cognitive Behavioural Therapy I was cured.. This lasted for 7 years with zero anxiety. However in the last year due to the loss of a relative as well as other things my brain decided to surprise me with a long forgotten friend which was my Panic Attacks.. I managed to control it with what I was taught.. However the anxiety seems to have returned and snowballed in the last year..

Lately I have horrible Panic attacks and really bad Anxiety. However this time it seems like it has returned even worse than before. I saw the local GP and psych department that we have at work. The dr has prescribed me Xanax .5mg to help me with sleep and calm me down.. This is just to help me relax for now until I start with the CBT again which I know will help me again..

NOW my question is, can I just take half or even a quater of it to begin with just to see what the effects are on me. I dont want to put anything inside me that im fearful of will cause me to have an anxiety attack.. Trust me Im the sort of person that give myself a panic attack from taking antibiotics out of fear it will give me anxiety attacks lol

My problem with anxiety and panic is my fear of losing control over my ability to control the anxiety/panic when it occurs. My anxiety manifests itself in the form of dizziness, palpitations, clumsiness and my mind freezes..

Any help or Advice regarding the Xanax would be great..

Thank you