Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.

Has this happened to you?

Hi, I just started a new job after being housebound for 5 months. I've been doing well, but lately notice anxiety creeping back gradually. I've been there almost 2 months and now I'm getting anxiety feelings out of the blue. My "what if" thinking is coming back where before I was doing so much better and handling things better. Has this happened to anyone else? Then I find myself anxious thinking what is going on? Why is driving, work, etc bothering me now when I've been doing this w/o anxiety? It feels like my mind is sabotaging me. Anyone experience this before?

Yeah. It's worry.....anxiety's ally. Alankay

Thank you for your reply, how do I get a handle on it before it gets worse?

I can relate here because I have recurring anxiety and depression since I was a preteen. I'm in a bad bout right now, but I've gotten better before and that makes me hopeful and a little more confident that I can do it again... I know I don't know a lot of ur details, but it's great that u are working. That in itself is huge. I've been out of work for 5 years now.. so yeah, my story is kinda long, Lol.. so when ur out there, at work or whatever, and u feel those things just remember u have made it far already and should be proud. U may stumble sometimes, that's ok. Ur still moving though, that matters.. I hope that helps. Take care.

Thank you for your support I try to focus on what I'm able to do with the money I earn and that helps keep me focused. It's just no one at work knows I get PA's, so I'm afraid I will and make an ass out of myself and be the subject of gossip & ridicule. I left my last job due to bullying but not bullying about PA's. I have to ride with a co- worker 40 mns from home to go for training next Tuesday and I'm already all anxious about it. Having awful anticipatory anxiety.