Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.

Has anyone experienced shaking starting in the neck and traveling down your spine?

I have noticed that when I am upset or anxious at a restaurant I always experience a shaking that interferes with me ability to take bites of food. It as if my head cannot tilt in order for me to take a bite. If I tilt it a certain way it will start to shake. Sometimes I have to put my glass back down bc it seems that I am unable to follow through with the action without shaking involuntarily... and eventually after about twenty minutes I will be shaking all over. Is this the beginning of an anxiety attack, that I have learned to subdue somehow? If anyone has had this experience, post please.

In this while in public or private?? Alankay

My panic attacks always include involuntary movement or shaking of limbs hands head etc. so to me it sounds like the beginning of panic starting. Try to concentrate on one thing in detail. Taking a drink of water, first concentrate on your hand movement to the glass making sure it does not shake (it helps to stiffen/flex the muscle), grabbing the glass, lifting the glass, getting it to your mouth, drinking, then setting it back down. break down the movement in simple steps while concentrating on keeping your hand shaking to a minimum. hope that makes sense its like baby steps

Quote Originally Posted by randomanxiety View Post
    My panic attacks always include involuntary movement or shaking of limbs hands head etc. so to me it sounds like the beginning of panic starting. Try to concentrate on one thing in detail. Taking a drink of water, ... its like baby steps
    Thank you, that is what I normally end up doing, actually. : )