Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Eating phobia!!

Eating phobia!!

Hi, I was just wondering if there are any other people on here that suffer with not being able to eat in front of other people?? Over the past 12mths or so I have stopped eating or drinking around anyone!! I try but go into panic then i cant swallow properly and feel like people are watching me then it becomes even worse.... If I get invited out for lunch, dinner ect i can't do it??? Ive lost over 6kgs over the past month :-( Any advice please and thx in advance.... Beverley

Never had a problem eating. Just get bloated after and a nervous stomach sometimes.

Hey, I do tend to get super nervous when I go out and eat but mines due to the fact that I'm scared of throwing up. I'm a huge health freak and make sure to look into what I'm eating ad to make sure it's cooked properly. I am a tiny girl 5'6 100 lbs so I get it. It's sad because I love food and desperately want to gain weight. I want to go out and eat but I get so nervous

Hi Amy I'm very much the same! I'm 5ft7 and am only 51kgs. At my height i should be about 75kgs but i cant put on any weight either.... Its very frustrating to be like this!! My size 8 jeans are falling off of me?? Maybe its time to get some sustagen drink in us? My chronic anxiety also makes me drop the weight because I'm a constant nervous wreck :-( Thx for your reply and hope things look up for you to! Take care..... Beverley

I hear you girl, I need to know some good supplements that will help me gain some weight, also I feel like I need more vitamins and minerals in my body I just don't know what kind to get. I would love to gain about 5 lbs. also I can talk to you anytime girl just comment or message me! We are going through the same thing so I'd love to talk more

Have a doctors appointment today but not sure if I can even get out the front door as my anxiety is peaking!! :-(

You got this! Don't be scared! Doctors are good they will help you and get you situated! You go girl and let us know how it goes!

Hi,I went to the doctors today a big step for me
    :-) very proud of myself lol

I'm so proud of you girl yay! Glad to head good job! Are you ok?

Feel like shit to put it politely!! So sick of the horrible physical symptoms...... Time for a sleep with some relaxation music hopefully it will relax me :-(