I recently got on Lexapro (on 20mg right now) to deal with depression and anxiety issues, and I thought it was helping, but I'm still having a lot of anxiety on the meds. Today, I was supposed to go into a work meeting (I work from home), but I've been freaking out about it since last night and just emailed my boss with some excuse so that I don't have to go.

I think the worst part about fearing leaving the house is feeling like a complete failure. And like I'm letting my boss down. What use am I to him if I can't even leave my house to go to important company meetings?? This makes my anxiety spiral to a lot of other thoughts, like not being good enough for anyone and hiding the fact that I didn't go in to work today from my partner and fearing that my boss is going to be upset with me and so I'll wind up having anxiety all day, even though I'm still in the house.

It's awful. And I'm afraid of switching meds. This is my first time on medication, so I know I can't expect it to work 100% on the first try...but it still sucks. I'm afraid of getting off this med and trying something new. But I'm afraid not to as well.

I guess I just needed to vent a little. I'm in a low place today.