Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.

Thread: Baby Powder?

Baby Powder?

Oh my, I just came across this online by accident! I wonder if it works?

QUIK TIP: You can stop a panic attack dead in its tracks -with baby powder. Buy a small bottle and carry it in your pocket. When you feel anxious or suspect a full blown anxiety attack is on the way, sniff lightly. Solid studies confirm that the powder triggers memories of safety and security from childhood that will drive panic away.

Hmmmmm, very interesting. Could give it a try I suppose.

Cath
    "Practice makes perfect so be careful what you practice."

***Bridgie snorts the bottle of baby powder*** Cough Cough! LOL

:lol: :lol: :lol:

lol, slow down there :P

thats an interesting suggestion. Reminds me of aromatherapy except the part about triggering memories.

Or if you do not want to buy the baby powder, you can buy baby lotion (the one in the pink bottle of johnson and johnson, it comes in a mini version). I suppose it would do the same trick since it smells like baby powder and can trigger the same memory. I just wanted to suggest it because i recently bought it and the smell has become my favorite thing ever...bc it smells so comforting! Also, people might suspect other uses of this powder of they see you sniffing (you know what I mean?) So the baby powder lotion is more discreet and the smell will last longer on your hands so you do not need to step aside or anything...It might work too!
    "People's Negativities Are Their Disabilities"

I think you're right Baby! Hee hee, if someone sees you sniffing white powder, hmmm....LOL!

lol