Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Afraid of it happening again

Im so worried that im just going to keep having anxiety attacks. I don't want to even go to school tomorrow. But i know i need to face what I'm dealing with. I don't want to be afraid of leaving my house.

If you are needing to relax just to take that first step, try a hot bath, or ask your doc for 30 pills of anti-anxiety pills just for those days. Walk out to the car with the intention of just turning on some music and relaxing. Once you get to the car and are ready to go. Just tell yourself that you are going to drive to the end of the street and back. If you make it that far you can either go to school or not.
    I hope you feel better. I am getting ready to take a national exam for massage therapy today at 5pm. : ) I know the feeling. Im shaking already and my hands are getting clammy. Unfortunately the exam costs money, so I have to go. Best of relaxation to you.

Im going to the doctors tonight with my dad. Im going to try getting on medication but i feel like the medication isn't going to work. I hope and pray it works. Thank you for your advice though.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady
    Im going to the doctors tonight with my dad. Im going to try getting on medication but i feel like the medication isn't going to work. I hope and pray it works. Thank you for your advice though.
    Im in the same boat as u.. im going to the drs today to get medication. 4wks of suffering with anxiety & panic attacks is enough. I have a young daughter to look after & she needs her old happy mum back. I have researched positive feedback on medication to get into my head that i can get help even if it means a couple weeks feeling yukky. At least i know ill get better.

Really good you have taken step to get help. Medication usually takes 3-6 weeks to work so keep going with it. If the first one doesn't work don't worry about trying another one. As well as tablets you could try other things like meditation and essential oils. Also reflexology and acupuncture if you get right person will help too. This forum always helps, get lots of good advice and support. So many of us with head problems of all sorts, and for all sorts of reasons.

I'm in the same boat as well. I'm trying not to take anymore medication but to do it the natural way (so far not working) I'm hoping to find something to relieve stress and eliminate panic attacks. I hope your meds kick in soon for you

Good luck with your natural remedies. Wish I could stop tablets too but can't at moment as too bad.

Mine are really bad to but the xanax I was taking was causing blackouts ( only a few seconds) but very scarey! I've been on it for years and its not really meant for long term use so now I'm just scared to take anything ;-/

Hey guys, my medication has been really kicking in. I have been on it for about a week now, and its so far so good. I returned to school. My first day back was very scary, but i did it and I'm hoping this keeps working. Thanks to everyone who gave me good tips and advice. It has really helped.

Look at you all kickin Anxiety's ass
    "Y'all didn't have to shoot me" ~ Harambe