Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.

Thread: Just tired

Just tired

My anxiety is always heightened at night. Especially when I am trying to go to bed. I am so tired right now but I just can't sleep. My heart races, I get palps, I find myself taking deep breaths just to make sure I can breath ok, I start to get a headache and I just wonder why I just can be like everyone else and just feel normal again.

Jconley- I too get this way sometimes it is the anticipation of what could or could not happen the next day I listen to meditation to help me relax and that seems to help so I can sleep. The breathing will help but if you can down load deep relax it will help a soothing voice with peaceful sounds behind the voice helps me feel calm and relaxed.

Yeah, I get this too at night so recently I have a ritual..1 melatonin tab and some tea with passionflower extract helps me. I had an attack a few nights ago I was simply sleeping and all of a sudden my arms and legs went numb and got light headed and labored breathing. I knew it was a panic attack but I could hardly walk and was so numb that I had to call 911 just to be safe. They came and put me in the back of the medic and i told them I was claustraphobic and to let me out so my wife took me too the hospital. lol

I know what you mean every night is a chore and sometimes even when you think you are not thinking about it you are and all of a sudden. My opinion drugs make it worse and I'll die before I ever start doping myself up just to function. Find something to laugh about it helps.