Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.

Therapy questions.

Over the past few months I've slowly been working myself up to tell [I]at least[I] one family member that I can't cope anymore with my anxiety and depression. I'm getting near my breaking point and I know in myself that I need help, I've suffered silently for many years too long (and that's saying a lot considering I'm still only 17). I'm not a kid; I'm not just a sad, scared, lazy teenager, it's something I've dealt with from my earliest memory of 4 years old and I'm tired of coping alone.

My question is to those who have gone to therapy, what do they ask you? What do you have to do? I just want to know what kind of things doctors may ask you when you seek help and where / who you get referred to. I'm also wondering what kinds of medication you go on, or is it different for each individual? Also, do they test you for other things such as bipolar? (as I think I may have that also).

Thankyou so much for any kind of feedback !

For me they basically just ask you questions about you like what your going through, your emotions and stuff. And yes the medication is different for everyone.