Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

CBT , Does it Work?

Hello All heard a lot about CBT is it any good I'm in the recovery process so dont know if its more for the beginning stage of anxiety no idea and im currently going well should I look into getting some?
    Many Thanks

I have never had it done, but I have heard good things about it, and what did you do for your recovery process?

A mixture of self help hypnosis which I highly recommend ! And on a small dose of citrilopram 10mg more of a stabiliser but yeah I'd say I'm like 90% now which I guess is good in four months aha

I had hypnosis done, it felt like it did help, and he put me in which it felt like a trance, it helped a bit, but it doesn't seem like it did alot idk

Did you get a tape to listen to I had to listen to it fourty times after the sessions you see? But yh thinking about CBT at the moment hope it does the trick I'm like nearly there but not quite 95% . Good luck to you

Quote Originally Posted by Mk1710 View Post
    Did you get a tape to listen to I had to listen to it fourty times after the sessions you see? But yh thinking about CBT at the moment hope it does the trick I'm like nearly there but not quite 95% . Good luck to you
    What is cbt?

CBT is cognitive behaviour therapy I think it stands for it teaches strategies or coping mechanisms and is very popular with anxiety sufferers I've heard so want to know mores about how it works myself to be honest

Mk, how did your anxiety come on?, and what are you doing to help your anxiety?

I'm still un aware what initially triggered it but it started on a flight home from Greece July 2012 and I put it down to bad flight until it reoccurred manifesting into like a bit of a melt down in October in and out of hospital but I have a very supportive family I went to the doctors with a diary of how I'd be feeling they gave me citrilopram to stabilise me 10mg I went for hypnosis like I previously said they than gave me a personalised tape which I listened to about 40 times sounds a lot but its only 30 mins each evening before bed and seems to have done the trick really. If I do get anxious I use batch rescue remedies but I only use it now if maybe I'm having a driving lesson there were points I was having it constantly all day/night but yeah I'd recommend the lady who did my hypnosis but I'm from south east London . Michaela

Mk! That is good to hear that your feeling better and that something worked for you. I am also currently recovering from a month long anxiety attack it felt like. But try it out. Keep on keeping on.