Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by squirt
    Quote Originally Posted by Beachgirl
    Quote Originally Posted by trackstar
    So Beach are you recommending Linden or just saying it's better than other hyped anxiety treatments? :unsure:
    No I'm not recommending Linden at all! I'm just saying that it at least has some science behind it but I still think it's a waste of money considering you can get better quality CBT for a lot less money in a group or for almost no money at all if you do it on your own through books and on-line resources.
    I would agree with this. It is at least based on CBT so it is better than most stuff out there, but why not get true CBT for less money or do it on your own through CBT based books like the one by Obitz. The TEA form alone will help most people if they work on them daily.
    I do agree about authentic CBT and the value of doing the TEA forms daily. Been a big help for me getting it back together

The Linden Method may be based on tried-and-true CBT. But there is another problem that I have with it besides expense. Specifically, the way that it overpromises results. As I understand it, the Linden Method speaks of being cured in mere days. But this is NEVER the way it happens. And expecting these kinds of results can be VERY harmful, as it can cause you to give up on the treatment. When undergoing ANY kind of CBT (whether it be TEA forms, exposure, or acceptance), you MUST be realistic about the time frame in which recovery will occur. Typically, anxiety recover occurs over a time frame of months to years (rather than days or weeks). There are simply no quick fixes for anxiety disorder.

Quote Originally Posted by Robbed
    The Linden Method may be based on tried-and-true CBT. But there is another problem that I have with it besides expense. Specifically, the way that it overpromises results. As I understand it, the Linden Method speaks of being cured in mere days. But this is NEVER the way it happens. And expecting these kinds of results can be VERY harmful, as it can cause you to give up on the treatment. When undergoing ANY kind of CBT (whether it be TEA forms, exposure, or acceptance), you MUST be realistic about the time frame in which recovery will occur. Typically, anxiety recover occurs over a time frame of months to years (rather than days or weeks). There are simply no quick fixes for anxiety disorder.
    I did not realize it promised a cure in days; That's just ridiculous! I totally agree that over promising hurts more people than it helps by creating unrealistic expectations. There are no quick fixes and making ridiculous claims like that hurt everyone.

I did not realize it promised a cure in days; That's just ridiculous! I totally agree that over promising hurts more people than it helps by creating unrealistic expectations. There are no quick fixes and making ridiculous claims like that hurt everyone.
    That is crazy! I did not realize that either

Quote Originally Posted by Beachgirl
    That is crazy! I did not realize that either
    Thank God we have people like Robbed to call out the over promisers (is that even a word?). Anyway having been suckered by many get quick cures before finding something legitimate it really boils my blood to hear about alleged quick fixes for profit like the Linden method that are ripping people off :evil:

Yep. Robbed is a valuable resource and a nice guy

hi there

hi there

perhaps it would be possible to get free counselling from students who are in theri final year or something?

sometimes they need to build up their hours. and will do it for a very low price or maybe for free

just a thought

you might find my blog useful

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Great idea anxietyguy

Re: hi there

Quote Originally Posted by anxietyguy
    hi there

perhaps it would be possible to get free counselling from students who are in theri final year or something?

sometimes they need to build up their hours. and will do it for a very low price or maybe for free

just a thought

you might find my blog useful
    Great idea, but try and find a CBT program if possible.

Killing yourself???

Why the hell do you want to harm yourself....

I know anxiety can really get bad at times, and so can depression, iv'e suffered from generalized anxiety that turned into agoraphobia.....

But what many people don't undertand is that you can easily get over anxiety and depression all together....

Im not talking about going to the doctor because they don't help, I'm not talking about keeping on a healthy diet....

There is a fast way to get rid of depression and anxiety....

Depression and anxiety is a mind thing, once you change your thinking, you have the power to think whatever you want...

you don't NEED to go through this, you don't NEED to feel like this, by changing you thinking subconciously without paying an arm and a leg, you can change your life around completely....

Click below to get the FREE software that will allow you to be happy free of stress, and feeling great about life!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.