Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    I know what you mean,no one can understand unless they have been through it! It's horrible! Don't worry about that! U would defo know if it was a heart attack

I've gone through the same thing you have.. It IS horrible, I know.
    I was put into a mental health facility when I was 14
    and attempted suicide last year.
    I am depression and anxiety free now (that's all on my website how I did it, and how others can too) just FYI...

But my advice to you would be this.
    Inform them!
    They may not know exactly how to deal with you right now. I'm sure they only have the best intentions for you.. But put yourself in their shoes; and you may discover how hard it is to understand, and know how to deal with.
    The more they know your needs and wants, the more able they are to compensate you for that.

I know my whole life I've never had support, but that's because nobody truly knew how to give me support. It did feel like they didn't care about me at all, but once I overcame my depression and took a view at it from their shoes, i noticed just how hard it is to deal with us, when they haven't gone through it themselves.

Until you make clear to them what you need and want them to do, they will never know. They can't read your mind...

Maybe have them set a schedule to set aside 15 minutes or so each day to work with you on some techniques?
    There is a bunch of things I've posted on my website/blog/book that are group/family exercises. I'm sure you'll benefit from checking them out.
    **It's all free by the way, i'm not interested in making money... Only helping people (I have my own business, I make my money through that irrespective of this book/blog/website)

Contact me if you'd like to talk! I'm more than happy to help

Oh yes Tell me about it !!! Family will never ever support you i Have Anxiety For almost 10 months and i swear no one has ever supported me . Neither Friends or Family They just call me Attention Seeker or am doing this not to Study or work
    My Family Have been making fun of me and Calling me Names I Hear them Talking behind my Back it Hurts They even Call Me crazy !!
    When i Visited a Psychiatric Doctor I Had to go Without their Knowledge. They even say am their Main Cause of sadness !!!!!
    am just so pissed off I Thought They were the first people to Help. am just so effin Pissed offfff
    Mainly i seek Help and Strength From Praying, Exercising , Hitting The Gym and Listening to music and sometimes this forum. Nothin Else has Helped Neither did pills Family or friend.
    am Still struggling But still at least am trying.
    We all here to help each other So Good Luck

Thank you so much for the advice. Just an update my father and mother have been more supportive in regards to my health. They are helping me in finding counseling as well as helping me keep busy instead of sitting at home thinking and stressing. Thank you all for the advice

I'm so glad
    My best wishes to you and your family.
    Stay strong, you can beat this!

If you like you can email me or Message me. I'm 26 and I suffer from depression and I have okay nights. My days are the worse at times. I also decided to keep a live diary on this site. I'm going to tell it all honey! lol. Let me know.