Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.

Unhappy Tired! Can't sleep!

Every time I try to sleep is when I start to notice my heartbeat and how I have not been myself for a while. And I start to think, dang! What is wrong with me? Why can't I just be me again? I have slept approximately 6 hours of real sleep and than like another 2 hours laying there feeling like I am not real, which is the depersonaliztion. I have to drink to get myself to even try and lay down.

What time is it there? Do you take meds?
    BIG SAL

It was around 11:30 when I posted, I got a little sleep. Just kept my eyes closed and tried to let my mind wonder, but sometimes I feel like I am just laying there with my eyes closed waiting to go to sleep. But I remember having dreams so I must of slept, right? Just the early morning floaty feeling. And no i do not take meds, but I do have an appointment in the next couple of weeks, to see what kind of medication I should take.

Quote Originally Posted by FrankWolfe53
    It was around 11:30 when I posted, I got a little sleep. Just kept my eyes closed and tried to let my mind wonder, but sometimes I feel like I am just laying there with my eyes closed waiting to go to sleep. But I remember having dreams so I must of slept, right? Just the early morning floaty feeling. And no i do not take meds, but I do have an appointment in the next couple of weeks, to see what kind of medication I should take.
    Lol I feel the exact same way I really don't know how long I've slept seemed like I just lay there thinking the whole time

I remember I had dreams, but I also remember looking at the clock about 6 different times through out the night. 2am, 4am, 5am, and then 7am, and I finally stayed awake at about 9am, but did not get out of bed until around 11. It is 2:25pm and that floaty feeling is easing up but still get anxious for no reason, but they do not last nearly as long or are nearly as strong as they use to be.