Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by PanicCured View Post

I hate when doctors say this bullshit! If you are sick or ill or have a disorder in some way, you may need more than normal doses to heal. You don't always need the minimum requirement for survival. Again, ZERO people die from supplements a year. Google and find 1 person that died from a vitamin overdose. Go find one! Thousands and thousands die from medication that was legally prescribed for them but nobody is dying from supplements.

"The American Association of Poison Control Centers' report utilized the data from 60 Poison Control Centers. They handled 2,479,355 human poison exposures of all sorts. Analgesics, all Big Pharma products, accounted for 11.7% of all poisonings, the largest percentage, followed by cosmetics/personal care products at 7.7%, household cleaners at 7.4%, and sedatives/hypnotics/antipsychotics, another Big Pharma group of products, at 5.8%."

"The category Dietary Supplements/Herbals/Homeopathic/Amino Acids, which starts on page 1138 of the report, indicated a single death, but even that one can be discounted because it's listed as "Unknown Dietary Supplements or Homeopathic Agents". There wasn't a single death from any product in this category. Ma Huang, which has been treated as if it were Public Enemy Number One, caused no deaths. Echinacea, Valerian, St. John's Wort, entire classes of herbal types, such as Asian and Ayurvedic medicines, and many others resulted in no deaths, though the FDA is clearly on the attack against them.

Vitamins, which start on page 1146, provided the same results—not a single death. However, pharmaceuticals were the cause of 497 deaths, out of a total number of 718 from all causes of poisoning deaths."
    I did not say anyone ever died from vit's. I just said to much of something you do not need can give you diff symptoms. When I took mag more than what was in my multi vit it gave me real bad dirrea. Which in turn made me dehydrated. So I ha to cut down the amount I was taking and that fixed it. That's all I was saying.

They just prescribed me vitamin D 50000ui once a week for three months because I was VDD.... But I am too chicken to take it! I have really bad anxiety over medicines and I have been known to take even an amoxicillin and think I'm having side effects from it and take myself into a panic attack.

I personally would not recommend taking supplements unless you need them.

Niacin
    In large doses, niacin, or vitamin B3, can cause a fast, irregular heartbeat and skin redness and increased skin temperature that looks and feels similar to a sunburn. Taking too much niacin can also cause blurred vision and nausea. The Institute of Medicine recommends taking no more than 35 mg of vitamin B3 per day.

Vitamin B6

Vitamin B6 can disrupt the transmission of nerve signals from your brain to your muscles, especially those that control your arms and legs and your breathing. This leads to tingling sensations in the hands and feet, decreased muscle control and coordination, difficulty breathing and, in severe cases, paralysis of the affected muscles. According to the Institute of Medicine, the daily recommended dosage for vitamin B6 is 100 mg.

B Complex

B-complex pills contain all eight of the B vitamins. Most B vitamin complex pills contain 100 percent to 400 percent of your daily required intake of B vitamins. For this reason, you may experience any of the symptoms of a niacin or vitamin B6 overdose, especially if you are getting enough of these vitamins from your diet.

Browneyes take the vitamin D! I was also Vitamin D defficent and have been taking large doses for months just like the doctor ordered. It has greatly improved my anxiety, mood, sleep, and overall well being! Vitamin D is one thing that will not bother your anxiety. A deficiency in it can actually cause anxiety and depression.

Dazza I would have to 100% disagree with your comment. I am pretty much anxiety free and it is all due to supplements. No drugs, no therapy, nothing else.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by nf1234 View Post
    Browneyes take the vitamin D! I was also Vitamin D defficent and have been taking large doses for months just like the doctor ordered. It has greatly improved my anxiety, mood, sleep, and overall well being! Vitamin D is one thing that will not bother your anxiety. A deficiency in it can actually cause anxiety and depression.

Dazza I would have to 100% disagree with your comment. I am pretty much anxiety free and it is all due to supplements. No drugs, no therapy, nothing else.
    I think it all comes from where your anxiety is coming from. You may have been deficient in those and it caused your anxiety. Some are not and it does not help them at all.

Quote Originally Posted by sandyrdh1 View Post
    I think it all comes from where your anxiety is coming from. You may have been deficient in those and it caused your anxiety. Some are not and it does not help them at all.
    Yes I agree. Either way you do not want to be deficient in anything. Taking certain vitamins may or may not help your anxiety but deficiencies are not good. Things like vitamin D play a major role in your health.

Quote Originally Posted by nf1234

Yes I agree. Either way you do not want to be deficient in anything. Taking certain vitamins may or may not help your anxiety but deficiencies are not good. Things like vitamin D play a major role in your health.
    True, but over-dosing is not particularly good either.
    If you are deficient then take.
    If you're not, then leave it.
    Simples...

I'm not deficient in B vitamins as far as I know, but my GP recommended that I do take vitamin B (usually a Berocca a day or every other day) to keep my blood pressure up. This has helped me quite a bit with the dizzy spells that I get.

I think there's a misunderstand with regards to supplements and anxiety.

It seems that some people think that taking vits & minerals is going to cure their anxiety, because they THINK anxiety is a physical disease.

Anixety is NOT a physical disease, you don't have pains / palpitations / dizziness etc. because you are physically ill - you have these because
    "something" has triggered your fight or flight mechanism, which results in weird symptoms.

By all means, it could be that you are deficient in certain vits + minerals, perhaps through poor diet and/or lifesytle - and that this deficiency is
    itself causing symptoms, which starts the anxiety.
    THEN you should take supps. to hopefully remove these initial symptoms.

I don't believe for a minute that, shovelling vits + minerals down your neck unnecessarily is going to magically cure your anxiety when you don't
    need these vits + minerals. This notion is somewhat laughable, imo.

Dazza not to sound rude but you pretty much just contradicted yourself in your last post lol. You don't believe that anxiety is helped with vitamins however you do believe if you are deficient in a vitamin it could cause pains that trigger anxiety?? Pretty much sounds like the same thing to me!