Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sertraline

hi missath ive just woke up its 5pm been asleep for an hour i havent done much today just pottered around the house and took my dogs to the park and watched them play in the snow im glad ive read your blog as i have had a headache most of the day so i persume its the sertraline then causing it i was a bit concerned hope the dont stay around for to long. how are you doing?

Sertraline 50mg was given to me for depression and anxiety but I found that it only helped with my depression, so I just got Burspirone 10mg to take along with it to see if that helps with my anxiety.

Hopefully it works for you! But don't lose hope, it usually takes a few times to find what works best for you!

Good luck

Hello,
    I'm doing ok,thanks! Still getting headaches myself they usually hit me in the evening around 6pm..wondering if my 50mg is working yet..Its too early to tell I think..Its only been 6 days..Get slight nausea too still..Just need to give it time..The real beneficial effects can take up to 6 weeks and also they say that taking it for 6months is when its properly in your system and you will be at your best..There are so many different views on it, and it depends on the individual..
    We don't have snow in Cornwall! I wish we did as i'm really bored..Don't have a job out here..Some snow would make it beautiful!

I've been on 50mg for 2 weeks & then had it increased to 100mg a few days ago.
    I'm not feeling any different at the moment, but I also get headaches towards the end of the day.

Just give it another 2-3 weeks..It does require patience and it does get better..I will be seeing the doctor at the end of this week too to let him know how i'm doing..Th headaches make sense as its a medication that helps your brain..;-)

What sort of side effects do people get on this medication? I'm on my 3rd week & not feeling any better, but I've been getting headaches more than usual & dry mouth.
    I'm few up of feeling awful on a daily basis & having to leave work because I can't cope.
    I miss having normal days.

Quote Originally Posted by temperancebrennan
    What sort of side effects do people get on this medication? I'm on my 3rd week & not feeling any better, but I've been getting headaches more than usual & dry mouth.
    I'm few up of feeling awful on a daily basis & having to leave work because I can't cope.
    I miss having normal days.
    How many mgs do u take of sertraline
    BIG SAL

50mg for 2 weeks. Then it was increased to 100mg 5 days ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Saldav

How many mgs do u take of sertraline
    Just read top post, 100mg of sertraline. Give that a month and see if you feel any better. If not you might have to try something different. I'm on 200mg of sertraline, so I know from experience. it took a couple months actually for me to start feeling better.
    BIG SAL

Did you experience any side effects?