Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.

Thread: Need help fast

Need help fast

Hello i am new here btw an soo glad i found this. I have wicked anxiety when talking to people i dont know and especially authority. I have to call a place where i applied for a job and talk to the boss but im so anxious i keep pushing it out. Eventually they will give the job to someone else so i need to do it soon. Can someone please help?

Hi & welcome!! I know it can be hard to bring yourself to call the supervisor but it's a small step that could improve your life, right? I mean you do want the job, I'm guessing. Just think it won't be a long conversation and it's really worth it to try. What can we do to help?

Try Rescue Remedy if you haven't already. I know it's worked for quite a lot of people, myself included. It even calmed my friend down enough for her to pass her driving test (she had previously failed from being so nervous).

It can't hurt to help.
    Good luck with the phone call!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by temperancebrennan View Post
    Try Rescue Remedy if you haven't already. I know it's worked for quite a lot of people, myself included. It even calmed my friend down enough for her to pass her driving test (she had previously failed from being so nervous).

It can't hurt to help.
    Good luck with the phone call!
    Where do you get that from? Rescue remedy ?

Quote Originally Posted by sandyrdh1

Where do you get that from? Rescue remedy ?
    I use it too. It's available at most vitamin stores and comes in spray, drops, gum.

Thank you all so much for trying to help. i will look into The Rescue Remedy and yes i do want the job and your right it wouldnt be a long conversation

Does it work with panic attacks? Lol

It helps me when I start getting that anxious feeling so I take it before it escalates into a full blown panic attack. I've never used it during an attack though so I don't know how effective it is with that.

Yep, Social Anxiety. A beta blocker like propranolol 40mg would help for tremor/racing heart/shaking but an ssri would also be good for the long term. Alankay