Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    sounds like it could be a dieting issue. are you eating ok and getting exercise. 20 years old you should not worry about a heart attack. also i wouldnt take opiates for anxiety. which benzos and SSRIs have you tried? otherwise maybe ask your dr about beta blockers.

Quote Originally Posted by MrWinter
    The fact is that there are people with major vitamin and mineral deficiencies walking past my window right now in the dozens - there are people with heart disease, cancers, colds, flu and all manner of illness and yet they dont have anxiety attacks standing in line and it doesnt stop them going where they need to go. I think these things are red herrings - neurotic fears - and are not the root of anxiety symptoms. Constant anxiety exhausts our nerves to the point of muscle twitches, spasms, shakes but we wont break or fall down dead from it. Taking a good multivitamin and eating well is important but our anxiety is in our beliefs not in our diet. The sad truth is that anxiety will not go away until you stop fearing it or forget about it long enough. It is just a dreadful feeling - it is never dangerous - I know it feels terrifying and it feels dangerous especially when you hyperventilate but it's not. You cannot run from it - you can only accept it and decide that it what it is and carry on regardless. It's no more stress to your body than a brief jog.
    I have bad anxiety issues. The only thing keeping me going is the prospect if going back to school.

Regardless, this is what I'be been thinking about: anxiety is a feeling of embarrassment and fear in certain situations. Because of these feelings, I avoid those situations. Because I am not in those situations, I miss out on the things in life that would make me happy. The things that would make me happy are (for me) companionship, a better sex life, distractions to battle boredom, and a long, healthy life.

Here our the question I must ask myself: would these things truly make me happy? How can I work to achieve these things whilst minimizing anxious situations?

I don't know the answers. .but instead if being baffled blind by anxiety, I've been trying to come up with a plan of action that will be effective despite my inevitable anxiety issues. Just food for thought...

i have the same problem and have all the same problems and symptoms - heart palpitations, fluttering and recently pains in my chest and arm. BUT, i know deep down I'm alright. My head is controlling this. We can get past it.
    Suffering anxiety and vlogging about my daily life experiences - subscribe for FREE
    - Surviving with positivity and sharing stories.

Quote Originally Posted by ShaunAlex View Post
    i have the same problem and have all the same problems and symptoms - heart palpitations, fluttering and recently pains in my chest and arm. BUT, i know deep down I'm alright. My head is controlling this. We can get past it.
    I struggled with heart palpitations for two years until I started on anxiety medication, then it stopped completely. I recently switched medications and it came back. I got it to stop by focussing on my breathing with every fibre of my being and tried to slow my heart rate consciously. That worked like a treat.

I would also recommend asking to start a beta blocker. I have been on atenolol since I was about 20. BP was always high, but looking back, I only checked it when I was anxious and scared that I was having a cardiac event. Anyways, it really made a world of difference for me, and has a side effect of calming, which is great. When you take it, you don't hear or feel your heart pounding, even when anxious. Good luck!

It is wonderful that you never tried to avoid your situation, since avoiding situations may worsen your anxiety. Once if you have learned to overcome your panic situation, it is well and good for your effort. However try for exposure treatment to hang out with friends, get to know the facts of any situation(but never try to control it). Consult a doctor and get your relaxation exercise. Support group and group activity may give you a relief.

I think it's worth it to keep a little bottle of that chewable aspirin around. I've read that it can help prevent a full blown attack in some cases.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aspirin
    Other than that you can alter your diet to eat better (which I don't do) and try to manage your stress levels (which I constantly struggle with.)
    Good luck.

panic you do not recommend anything. He n eeds to go to doctor , not to seek medical advice on forum.
    The other thingy is; when we are so worried about something, like fear the heart attack is bound to happen eventually. You wanted that, and you program you brain to do what you want. .........
    ''“If you cry because the sun has gone out of your life, your tears will prevent you from seeing the stars.”
    ''
    ― Rabindranath Tagore

To quote Dahila if I may " ...you program you brain to do what you want." .........EXACTLY this. This also makes me think of people who cling to their labels they themselves adopt and or take on - (take to heart/personally)
    "...the cost of sanity in this society is a certain level of alienation" ~ Terrance McKenna → https://pondermovedhere.blogspot.com/

Their are natural supplements that may help your anxiety and blood pressure. You could consult with a natural pharmacist or physician and see what they say.