Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

worried of having a heart attack?

so now im trying to confront my anxiety which feels like the worst pain in the world im not relieved by any medication of any kind from benzodiazepines to opiates prescribed by my doctor and because of that i had to go many times to the er because my blood pressure was elevated and they coudnt do anything to lower it so i went there basicly for nothing so what im asking is how am i supposed to fight my anxiety if im at risk of having a heart attack?and i might not be able to prevent it?no matter how many times i try to confront is never go away and every new stress added makes me feel worse and worse no drug help at all and i tried at high doses and i dont have any tolerance to them because i barely take any and btw ima 20 year old male and im physically healthy so should i avoid confront my anxiety if my blood pressure might get elevated to the point of being dangerous or should i do it anyways?

What I think you should do in case you're not already doing it is taking up something that really interests you and doing it to it's fullest. Meaning, are you working out regularly? Are you taking any types of martial arts or cardio classes? Maybe sports, swimming or anything of that nature? Perhaps going for long walks, hikes, biking or running would also be a good idea. Physical exercise is known to lower blood pressure, thus relieving your anxiety and stress. The more and more you consume yourself with these types of activities, the less time you have to feel anxious or worried.

Another good thing would be to plan a daily schedule and make a list of all the productive activities you plan to do throughout the day. Wake up early and tell yourself you feel vibrant and ready to take on the day! A healthy balance of work, exercise, and leisure helps for rounding off a good day which will allow you to live a more comfortable and productive life. Hope this helps and good luck..

The thing is when u are anxiouse or having a panic atack your bp will usually rise. But once u relax it will go back to normal. Its not dangerouse as long as u dont have constant bp issues.... My bp is always high when i go to the er. But 20 min after relaxing and deep breathing it returns to normal

Quote Originally Posted by pawlowski187
    The thing is when u are anxiouse or having a panic atack your bp will usually rise. But once u relax it will go back to normal. Its not dangerouse as long as u dont have constant bp issues.... My bp is always high when i go to the er. But 20 min after relaxing and deep breathing it returns to normal
    Is your name Elise??

Potassium? I ended up the in the ER because I went into insane panic mode, heart rate was 150 when I got into the ambulance, the guy thought I was over dosing on cocaine, got treated like a druggy until the blood tests came back negative for drugs, but positive for potassium deficiency.

They gave me a potassium bag and shot it through my IV, when I woke up I didnt feel any better, however, my skin was nice and evenly toned, my muscles worked a little better, and my BP felt more stable.

If all else fails, try eating some bananas my friend.

I'm also 20, do you get muscle twitch's? In your fingers? Anywhere?

I've had potassium issues as well. When I notice I'm having more anxiety attacks and I haven't Been stressed within a few weeks I immediately start taking my potassium pills. I need to be more religious about it. It's nice to know I'm not alone in the potassium dept but that made my anxiety worse because thy cant tell me what's causing it to be low.

The fact is that there are people with major vitamin and mineral deficiencies walking past my window right now in the dozens - there are people with heart disease, cancers, colds, flu and all manner of illness and yet they dont have anxiety attacks standing in line and it doesnt stop them going where they need to go. I think these things are red herrings - neurotic fears - and are not the root of anxiety symptoms. Constant anxiety exhausts our nerves to the point of muscle twitches, spasms, shakes but we wont break or fall down dead from it. Taking a good multivitamin and eating well is important but our anxiety is in our beliefs not in our diet. The sad truth is that anxiety will not go away until you stop fearing it or forget about it long enough. It is just a dreadful feeling - it is never dangerous - I know it feels terrifying and it feels dangerous especially when you hyperventilate but it's not. You cannot run from it - you can only accept it and decide that it what it is and carry on regardless. It's no more stress to your body than a brief jog.

Anxiety will wear your body down and make your muscles ache and sore. The key really is mega dosing on vitamins. Most people who experience bad anxiety have a deficiency, I know not all. but that was the case for me. I started taking mass amount of Vit D and B and it took months but I started feeling like I was getting better.

I feel like I am having a heart attack quite ofter. Recently I have really been focusing on taking care of myself physically, working out, sleeping enough, things like that, and they help so incredibly much!