Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Citalopram

Banned
    I got that same feeling on Zoloft. I did not want to eat either I could only force myself to eat 1 grill cheese sandwich a day and was very tired and just felt terrible. I stayed on it for 2 weeks but my symptoms did not get better they got worse as each day went by so the doctor took me off of Zoloft I am not able to take any of those meds. Just keep trying and maybe those side effects will go away for you. They are side effects to those meds but with some people they go away after a few weeks

Quote Originally Posted by sandyrdh1
    I got that same feeling on Zoloft. I did not want to eat either I could only force myself to eat 1 grill cheese sandwich a day and was very tired and just felt terrible. I stayed on it for 2 weeks but my symptoms did not get better they got worse as each day went by so the doctor took me off of Zoloft I am not able to take any of those meds. Just keep trying and maybe those side effects will go away for you. They are side effects to those meds but with some people they go away after a few weeks
    So you can't take any meds? How do u cope with what u have?

Banned
    No I can't take any of that class of drug. I have tried so many and they all had the same effect. I only take clonopan to calm me down and a beta blocker The beta helps slow down the adrenalin. But it still creeps in. Maybe just not as bad. It's still a struggle everyday. I am also on a hormone patch that has helped a little too. My hormones were out of wack and made my anxiety 100 times worse. I don't try to many diff drugs after I had those bad reactions to the antidepressants because it scares me. And I also work and can't afford to have such reactions and miss a month of work like I did in the past. I am very sensitive to meds. And I have a baby to take care of and have to be alert not bed ridden like last time. It's all a mess. I just wish it would go away and have my old life back. Lol.

Try to give it a few more days Amy. I think the 20mg dose is working better for me. But we shall really see when my hubby goes back to work on the 7th. 😁

Been on citalopram now for 12 days and i feel great amy like my old self infact. Just please give them a few days and im sure youll feel the benefit of these tabs. I feel like iv got my old life back my life i thought would never return a few weeks ago but now im actually asking people i.e. my fiancee and my daughter if they would like to go out for some shopping or a meal and a couple of drinks im feeling happier with everyone and want to be around them all again. You should take positives from this because im sure you will start feeling this way in another week or so. My fingers are crossed for and good luck.

Day 8 of citalopram- feeling calmer in myself, still feeling very anxious and like something bad is going to happen :-( just hate this feeling, still struggling to eat too and wake up very nervous!

You know Amy, I woke up with that nervous feeling after starting my celexa, it is gone now. I just seem to have more energy when I first wake up. I have to make myself eat also but it is worth it if this celexa keeps working.
    Hope you can hang in there.

It's just horrible, makes me anxious as soon as I wake up coz I feel so nervous, that then makes me anxious all day, I am pushing myself to go out but I'm anxious when I'm out still as well. Hoping they kick in soon!!

Anxiety sucks! I've suffered for 7 years am now 25 very happy but am suffering with physical symptoms at the moment feeling sick and lightheaded and ache all over I'm on citilopram 20 mg
    Last edited by granty; 12-29-2012 at 11:05 AM.

Where is day 9?!