Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Anxiety/depression help pls

Hi my name is Sal i've been suffering from A/D for more than ten years. I take 200mg of zoloft and just recently my Dr. prescribed me 150mg of bupropion xl I take them all one time daily. My symptons are very overwhelming, I feel like i'm going to go crazy, or this feeling of not being all there. Its very hard to explain. My episodes of anxiety/depression last a long time, I feel worthless, hopeless, out of body, scared that these feelings will never go away. The worse is waking up in the morning, as soon as I open my eyes the anxiety kicks in hard, I cant function, concentrate. Sometimes I cant even talk. I need to talk to someone that has similar episodes like mine. If anyone here could help me it would be a blessing, i'm 35 yrs old male married and have 3 boys that I love to death.
    BIG SAL

Hi Saldav, I think you made the right choice in joining this group. It helps to know that you're not the only one who is suffering this disease. I too suffer from depression and major anxiety as well as panic attacks. I have been on few different types of meds but I never seem to get past the 2 week mark because everything makes my anxiety worse. I feel like there is no hope but I will never give up. I pray alot and it gives me peace, but this is deeper than that. You have a family and that should bring some happiness, dont let the evil run your life. I know its hard, but just know you've made it this far! If you need someone to talk I am here.

Saldav,

I'm sorry that things are rough right now. I think that many people here share at least some of your symptoms. Many times during the night, I also have feelings of worthlessness and despair. Your episodes sound intense and quite frightening. Are you seeing a therapist at all? Have you ever tried relaxation exercises or journaling? Both of these may offer some relief. How old are your boys, and are you raising them alone? Let us know how you're doing.

Sunnie

Sal, with anxiety that severe, has the doc ever suggested a benzo(ativan, klonopin, etc) to help break this viscous cycle?? Then using it for the toughest days? Keep on the zoloft but maybe another ssri/snri should be tried as you don't seem get much relief using it at 200mg. Just a thought. PM me any time. Alankay

Quote Originally Posted by SunnieDebris
    Saldav,

I'm sorry that things are rough right now. I think that many people here share at least some of your symptoms. Many times during the night, I also have feelings of worthlessness and despair. Your episodes sound intense and quite frightening. Are you seeing a therapist at all? Have you ever tried relaxation exercises or journaling? Both of these may offer some relief. How old are your boys, and are you raising them alone? Let us know how you're doing.

Sunnie
    Hi sunnie I dont see a therapist, but im going to look into it. I use to write all my emotions on a journal back before I even started getting anxiety/depression, I think thats something I need to start doing again. I know it helped me back then. my boys are 18, 15, 12 i'm married. the two oldest are not mine biological, they are my wifes sister kids, but theyve been with us since they was babies, so I consider them my own I love them as my own. Thank you for your reply hope to hear from you soon.
    BIG SAL

hello.

I am also new here, but I recommend that you take some steps toward seeing a therapist. The reason is that medication will help control your anxiety, but it does cannot fundamentally change the way you think and perceive yourself and the anxiety. This is where therapy comes in. It is really a two-pronged approach. Medicine helps with the physical/tangible aspects of anxiety, while therapy deals with the mental side.

Either way, you might as well look into it. What's the worst that could happen? at least have a few sessions to see if it does anything for you. You will never know unless you give it a try.

Quote Originally Posted by hellopleasedtomeeyou
    hello.

I am also new here, but I recommend that you take some steps toward seeing a therapist. The reason is that medication will help control your anxiety, but it does cannot fundamentally change the way you think and perceive yourself and the anxiety. This is where therapy comes in. It is really a two-pronged approach. Medicine helps with the physical/tangible aspects of anxiety, while therapy deals with the mental side.

Either way, you might as well look into it. What's the worst that could happen? at least have a few sessions to see if it does anything for you. You will never know unless you give it a try.
    Thank you i'm going too make some appointments very soon, I feel like scrap, heachaches, and been realy sleepy, but when I do doze off I wake up startled with my heart beating fast.
    BIG SAL

Quote Originally Posted by alankay
    Sal, with anxiety that severe, has the doc ever suggested a benzo(ativan, klonopin, etc) to help break this viscous cycle?? Then using it for the toughest days? Keep on the zoloft but maybe another ssri/snri should be tried as you don't seem get much relief using it at 200mg. Just a thought. PM me any time. Alankay
    Ya I do take 2mg of ativan i'm a big guy so i take 2mg instead of just one. Well i've lost 26lbs in the last two weeks, so now I weigh 299lbs. What is ssri/snri?
    BIG SAL

Here is a list of SSRI, Selective serotonin re-uptake inhibitors

citalopram (Celexa, Cipramil, Cipram, Dalsan, Recital, Emocal, Sepram, Seropram, Citox, Cital)
    dapoxetine (Priligy)
    escitalopram (Lexapro, Cipralex, Seroplex, Esertia)
    fluoxetine (Depex, Prozac, Fontex, Seromex, Seronil, Sarafem, Ladose, Motivest, Flutop, Fluctin (EUR), Fluox (NZ), Depress (UZB), Lovan (AUS), Prodep (IND))
    fluvoxamine (Luvox, Fevarin, Faverin, Dumyrox, Favoxil, Movox, Floxyfral)
    indalpine (Upstene) (discontinued)
    paroxetine (Paxil, Seroxat, Sereupin, Aropax, Deroxat, Divarius, Rexetin, Xetanor, Paroxat, Loxamine, Deparoc)
    sertraline (Zoloft, Lustral, Serlain, Asentra)
    zimelidine (Zelmid, Normud) (discontinued)

I am on Zoloft 50 mg for anxiety and mild depression almost 4 weeks now, still seeing no signs of relief.

Selective serotonin re-uptake inhibitors, here is a list of them....trade name in parentheses

citalopram (Celexa, Cipramil, Cipram, Dalsan, Recital, Emocal, Sepram, Seropram, Citox, Cital)
    dapoxetine (Priligy)
    escitalopram (Lexapro, Cipralex, Seroplex, Esertia)
    fluoxetine (Depex, Prozac, Fontex, Seromex, Seronil, Sarafem, Ladose, Motivest, Flutop, Fluctin (EUR), Fluox (NZ), Depress (UZB), Lovan (AUS), Prodep (IND))
    fluvoxamine (Luvox, Fevarin, Faverin, Dumyrox, Favoxil, Movox, Floxyfral)
    indalpine (Upstene) (discontinued)
    paroxetine (Paxil, Seroxat, Sereupin, Aropax, Deroxat, Divarius, Rexetin, Xetanor, Paroxat, Loxamine, Deparoc)
    sertraline (Zoloft, Lustral, Serlain, Asentra)
    zimelidine (Zelmid, Normud) (discontinued)

I ave been on Zoloft 50 mg for almost a month and still no relief, get frustrated with the whole thing. I hope you get some relief soon, it might be time to try a different SSRI if the Zoloft isn't working for you.