Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleverun View Post
    If the doctor says there's nothing wrong, there's probably nothing wrong. Sometimes your heart reacts to random but normal and non-harmful events in your body. When this happens, your body knows what it's doing. It's impossible to die from this, and it WILL end. When it happens, just tell yourself that you've been through this before and you can get over it again. You know any breathing techniques?
    Can you share some breathing techniques with us?

In and Out ... The doctor does not always know ... In and Out ... Just go with what you know ... In and Out ... The Body Knows ... In and Out ... listen to your body ... In and Out ... It's time to go.
    I tell myself, I wont be in their long, and if I don't like it ... I'll get up in the middle of doing anything ... and just GO! That way, I know I am in control, and sometimes, I'll exercise that, just to let myself and the doctor know. Unfortunately, I don't do well with clock watchers and or the basic disrespect often associated with groups of people standing and sitting in and around each other ....

My advice, is to start the breathing before you go ... I control my space ... and aim to get out as son as possible. I'll exercise a little tolerance ... but generally, I let others know my condition by outwards gesturing for my space. You can't breath too good with people closing in at arms length. Space ... very vital to me! Very Very glad we are leaving this city we are in. SPACE ... Windows are good ... rock side to side at the window and I find people give me space and keep their distance. Head low in the crash position and move about some ... deep breathing ... headphones ... stare at your phone/tablature adopting whatever yoga position or just to arch your back and breath in deep ... do some cat stretches LOL ... whatever works for you ...

If my heart is beating fast ... I'll adopt whatever makes it slow, as holding it in, will only make me explode. Trigers/Mind/Remove - Take Control - GO , Quite Job/Move Towns/Look for Fresh air ... Be what you want to be ... don't follow that crowed ...
    Everyone is different ......... I don't know ...

Best of luck with that ...........

I have the same thing going on. But mine last for days. It's like the moment u get anxious about something the symptoms start and they don't subside for days and days. I guess because when I get short of breath or I get the heart flutters I start to worry and think there is something seriously wrong. I especially get that feeling where you feel like you can't get a breath in and then you try to yawn. Does anyone else get that??!

Quote Originally Posted by lmr019 View Post
    I have the same thing going on. But mine last for days. It's like the moment u get anxious about something the symptoms start and they don't subside for days and days. I guess because when I get short of breath or I get the heart flutters I start to worry and think there is something seriously wrong. I especially get that feeling where you feel like you can't get a breath in and then you try to yawn. Does anyone else get that??!
    I get this too! If I'm not obsessing about my heart rate it's my breathing

One finger or two?
    This is so spooky. I get exactly the same symptoms. I feel like i can't take in a proper lung full of air and then try hard to get that deep breath, the kind you get when you yawn, i can't always do it and then i get more panicky.

Couple that with palpitations and flutters and all sorts of panick sets in.

I was exactly like you but don't worry it's just anxiety! It started for me when I overdosed on adderall. There's nothing wrong trust me, i went to the doctor a million times and had EKG's and had blood work done. Everything was fine, it's just all in your head. It's all about understanding what it is and telling yourself you can bear anxiety

Daily skipped beats, all tests are normal. The occasional skipped beat doesn't bother me anymore as it is short and I'm used to it. It's the long lasting flutters that freak me out. Then I feel shaky, weak, extremely sleepy, lightheaded and sometimes have the urge to go to the bathroom <---that's the weirdest symptom. My first thought (bc of anxiety) was "oh sh*t, people sh*t when they die, I think I almost died." Doc prescribed beta blocker propranolol 20mg. Too scared to take it. But yeah, you aren't alone. Just reading on this forum helps my anxiety. Thank you all.

The majority of my anxiety symptoms have been expressed through heart and heart rhythm symptoms. Before my debilitating attacks, I would have a nervous feeling in my chest and a noticeable rapid heart rate that would last for days. During my debilitating attacks I would have PVC's up to the rate of 20 per minute. PVC's, called palpitations in the layperson world, are extra heartbeats that come from an irritated nerve on or in service to the heart muscle. As the normal rhythm is thrown off, you can literally feel in your chest and pulse the skipped, irregular and/or hard beats. I was having these PVC's in the presence of a cardiologist during a Nuclear Stress Test, plainly displayed on the cardiac monitor. That doctor assured me that I had normal heart muscle, normal blood supply to that heart muscle and NO disease of the electrical 'pacemaker' system of the heart. It has been since November 15th, 2013 that I have had a debilitating attack but I still have days where the nervous and 'almost' rapid heart rate returns and I have very frequent sensations of hard , irregular and skipped beats. Stress seems to bring it on and make it worse, I am a shift worker (strike one), have a lot of job stress (strike two), trouble sleeping (strike three). Even when flu or cold viruses are incubating in me (and I'm about to get sick) then my heart becomes more irritable. Sometimes starting to breathe in or breathe out or even turn my head will be followed by palpitation(s). So in summary, heart palpitations are very common in anxiety and anxiety disorders.