Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.

Zoloft, xanax and exhaustion

I just started taking a small dosage (25mg) of zoloft a week and a half ago, but am supposed to increase it to 50 mg this week. My doctor also gave me xanax recently to help with panic/anxiety.

I just started taking xanax literally a few days ago...my anxiety goes away, but I feel nauseous and extremely tired, and a little numb in my feelings. I'm not sure if this is a result of medication of zoloft and xanax, but part of me feels like I'm still sick just on the opposite spectrum of anxiety!! I had a wacky date with my bf last night because I started having anxiety, nausea, and loss of concentration during dinner and then we had to go to my place so I could take some xanax...after I took xanax, I was completely exhausted and almost non-functional when we went to a show.

Has anyone felt intense exhaustion from newly taking zoloft and xanax? Will these symptoms go away after taking the zoloft for a while? I feel like the exhaustion and numbness of feeling is almost as bad as the anxiety!!

Quote Originally Posted by cookie26 View Post
    I just started taking a small dosage (25mg) of zoloft a week and a half ago, but am supposed to increase it to 50 mg this week. My doctor also gave me xanax recently to help with panic/anxiety.

I just started taking xanax literally a few days ago...my anxiety goes away, but I feel nauseous and extremely tired, and a little numb in my feelings. I'm not sure if this is a result of medication of zoloft and xanax, but part of me feels like I'm still sick just on the opposite spectrum of anxiety!! I had a wacky date with my bf last night because I started having anxiety, nausea, and loss of concentration during dinner and then we had to go to my place so I could take some xanax...after I took xanax, I was completely exhausted and almost non-functional when we went to a show.

Has anyone felt intense exhaustion from newly taking zoloft and xanax? Will these symptoms go away after taking the zoloft for a while? I feel like the exhaustion and numbness of feeling is almost as bad as the anxiety!!
    The sick feeling from the zoloft goes away after a while. It did for me anyway. The xanax only take when needed last resort! I take my xanax at nite only, if needed at other times, i take only a 1/4 or 1/2 a dose, to still function.

Yeah the xanax dose might be a bit high. Try 1/2 the dose and sick with the zoloft as rx'ed. May be xanax is too strong a benzo for you but dosed right it should be OK. Alankay