Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.

Thread: Chamomile Tea

Chamomile Tea

I think that's how it is spelled, lol. But I was wondering if anyone has tried this, i've heard it has done wonders for people, almost like a benzo in natural form. And also is it safe to drink while taking benzos (I take a low dose of .5mg of klonopin once or twice a day when I need it). Thanks!

I drink it every nigh and I love it. It really does work in my opinion. I don't take any medication so I'm not sure about mixing it though.

yeah ive heard youre supposed to ask your doctor if your taking st johns wort before taking benzos, but never anything about chamomile. Have you ever taken benzos? Could you give a comparison?

I have taken Valium before and there is no comparison between the two. If I wasn't so terrified of addiction I'd take the benzos instead, but I am so I stick with herbs. I only drink one cup a night so maybe if I drank more the results could be stronger. One cup is enough to help me sleep and calm me a little if I am jittery.

How much does it usually cost? And how long does that amount last?

I'm also worried about addiction to benzos that's why I don't take my klonopin like my doctor said, I usually only take it when i'm having a really bad day/night. I'm looking for more of a natural aid that's why i'm asking about this lol

I buy a box with about 18 tea bags and its about 2 dollars per box.

And I know what you mean about looking for natural remedies because that's all I'm willing to do. The side effects of some of those pills are horrible and can make things worse. I'll pass on the possibility of "sudden death" lol. They are ok for some ppl but I'm just not ready to take that step. Have you heard of something called holy basil or tulsi? That comes in tea for as we'll and works like magic. It's supposed to have the same effects as Zoloft and there are studies to prove it

thankyouu(:

It helps and you can also try passionflower tea as well. Alankay